∘♡∘ 2 ∘♡∘

1923

A ringing sound awakened me from my deep slumber, my eyes fluttering open slowly as I pushed the soft, thick comforters off of my sleep filled body.

John never knew how to shut his alarm off.

Today was Leo's 1 year anniversary of death, he was only 21 when he was murdered.

Yes murdered. Some crazy psychopath was running around murdering people last year, he'd probably been planning to start up again this year too since he hasn't been caught yet.

Just killing people for fun is crazy. I think I do some pretty crazy stuff, but never would I ever kill someone.

And never would I had ever thought a serial killer would come to New Orleans and just start slaughtering people.

I turned 20 last week but my parents didn't throw me a big party or anything, they never really cared about us too much after we turned 10. Which I began to obviously realize as I got older.

But Leo's death brought us a bit closer for a month, then everything went back to normal. Us hating each other.

And that rich school I dreamed of going to because I didn't fit in with the 'lower class', yeah, the kids at that school were more stuck up than me. Such idiots.

But luckily me, my mom, my dad, and annoying ass brother are safe in this gated community section. That crazy man could never get in here, without getting caught.

Well, at least they suspect it's a man.

I slipped into my slippers and walked over to the bathroom attached to my bedroom and began to get ready for the day.

I was sad when Leo was killed, they said his body was badly mangled like the rest of the victims. I didn't want to see my brother in such a state, that also meant we had to have a closed casket.

We weren't too close though unfortunately, so I got over it sort of quick. My brother on the other hand got a job as a detective recently just so he could catch this cold blooded killer who murdered Leo.

They seemed to be much closer than I was to either of them. Probably why John stayed up all night trying to find leads, but always ended up empty handed. It's like he was playing dress up.

John was a joke honestly. Doing a 'mans job'? Hell, he was barley a man himself. I bet if I wanted to be a detective, I'd be a much better one than him, even if I am a woman.

But he kept up this promise to himself, Leo, and others, that he would be the one to find this murderer and kill him.

The people in town began to name this man: Orleans king.. -which really didn't make any sense. If anything, he wasn't a king at all! Sure, he got fame from his murders really quickly, but I wouldn't name him a king.

I think people just named him that in hopes he would commit less murders, in hopes they wouldn't be his next victim.

Bunch of pussys in my opinion.

The chill of the bathroom beginning to nip at my skin. Gosh, it was always so cold in the morning, why? I had to tell my parents to fix that, it was getting really annoying.

After prettying myself up more, even though I was a beauty as soon as I woke up, I stared at myself in the mirror in admiration. Loving what I saw look back at me, blowing her a kiss, then leaving the bathroom and going to my walk in closet to pick out what to wear today.

My steps light and gentle, yet full of confidence as I made my way across the room to the other archway, entering the closet.

A wide arrange of clothes, shoes, purses, and accessories lined the walls and such. Expensive apparel.