Part 2

The note read,

Dear Corii,

Hi dear. It's your father, James. I don't know if you remember me, but i wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted. It really wasn't right, and your mother and I agreed we should get to know each other again.

You will stay with me in Florida for the summer, and will return home in the fall for school. Have a wonderful birthday, see you soon!

From,
Your loving father

"Mom..." I started, tears filling my eyes. A sudden burst of anger rushed through me, so I screamed, " I'm not going to stay with him! He ruined our lives, mom! How could you agree to this?"

"Hon, it's for the best, I want you to reconnect with your biological father, it would be a great opportunity to have fun again!" She said.
A great opportunity to have fun again, huh? Well, when I go there, I'll show him how much of a bad idea this was, and he'll have to send me home.

"Anyways, babes, he left you a present, it's by the dock. Go look!" She said excitedly. I hesitantly walked over, only to find a beautiful pink and white surfboard and a matching wetsuit.

"He got this?" I asked, surprised. "Well, I helped with the idea, but he bought it," my mom replied. "Anyways, all the girls either want to swim or surf, so how about you go do that? You should try your new board!"

I hesitated before grabbing the board, and had Elaine help me wax it before heading into the brilliant blue sea. We were all laughing, and eventually it was time to go home.

Sooner than later, it was time for me to fly to Florida. The plane ride wasn't that enjoyable, so I just read my book, 'The Fault In Our Stars.' It's so good!

Eventually I made it to Florida, where my dad was standing, holding a huge sign reading,
"CORII JANE: COME MEET YOUR FATHER HERE!!" 

I felt my cheeks getting red as the embarrassment got to me. I walked over, and he said, "Hello Corii! You've grown so much since I last saw you! How've you been?"

"I'm fine I guess," I replied. I didn't feel I owed him an answer, he left us for a new life.

He drove me to his place, and wow, it was huge. Three floors, a huge balcony, and a view of the beach in the background. "Wow," I said, speechless. He just grinned as we walked inside.

"This is where you'll be staying Corii," he said as he showed me half of the second floor. It was decorated in a beachy theme, with lots of pink and white, my favorite colors. The balcony was decorated with a few chairs, a nice rug, and an area to put my board when I wasn't using it. It was perfect. "Thank you! This is completely amazing," I told him. "You're welcome hun! Also, you get a full bathroom and walk in closet, so enjoy!"

I was in complete shock. I walked into the bathroom, the cold marble feeling nice on my feet. It, like everything else in the house, was ginormous. I had a huge bathtub and a shower right next to it, and cabinets full of toiletries so I wouldn't have to restock yet. The closet already had one too many pieces of clothing, and with the ones I brought, it was filled to the brim.

The next day, my father let me head over to the beach. I started surfing, until a wave hit me and pushed me under. The lifeguard wasn't watching, so I tried to get back up, but the waves kept pushing me under.

Thankfully, a kid around my age, noticed me and rushed over to help. He pulled me up, and oh god was he stunning. He had bright, blue eyes and wavy blonde hair that looked so good when wet. "Thank you," was all I could muster up. "Yeah, no problem, just, be careful next time, okay?" He said.
"Yeah, I will. I've never surfed here before, so I'm trying my hardest. I'm Corii by the way," I replied.
"I'm Lucas," he said. "I can show you around town if you want."
"Really? That would be amazing, thank you so much!" I said excitedly. 

We spent the rest of the day talking, and he game me his phone number. I got a call from him, and we stayed up so late talking. We talked about school and friends, and I told him how difficult it was for me when we moved to Wilmington. Eventually, we dozed off, but the call never disconnected. 

The next day, I got a text from him, asking if I wanted to meet his friends and surf with them. I said of course.