Part 3

I got a text from my mom in the morning. "Hey Corii, how are you doing? I miss you so much! Anyways, love you, and have a great day!"
"Hey mom! I'm doing pretty well, and I've made a few friends! I miss you too, love you!" I replied.

Wait, didn't Lucas say I should meet him by the pier today? Shit. It's already ten, and he wanted me there by ten thirty. I grabbed a plain blue bathing suit and some shorts. Then I packed my purse and headed to the beach.

"Hey Corii!" Lucas greeted me. "Hey Lucas! Where is everyone?"
"Oh, you're just early. They like to take their time." He said. After a minute or two, three other people walked toward us. "Oh my gosh!! Hi, I'm Violet! It's so nice to meet you," Violet said once she came up to us. "So you already know Lucas, but this is Michael-" he nodded, his brown hair flying in the wind. "And this is Ashton!" She said as he shook my hand. "So, are you guys ready to go surfing?" Lucas asked us. "Yeah, let's go before more people start coming in," Michael replied.

We walked back down the pier until we could feel the sand on our feet. We set up a small tent and put our bags down. Lucas and I then grabbed our surfboards and walked to the water, motioning for everyone to follow us. The water felt nice on my skin, it was warm too. We had a lot of fun. It was perfect weather for surfing, and I got a little jealous, everyone was amazing. Soon after, I got tired, and went to sit in the tent. We've been at the beach for a little over six hours. After another twenty minutes, Lucas came and sat by me, wrapping a towel around himself. "So, how come I've never seen you around before?" He asked, grabbing a cookie from his bag. "Oh, well, I just came up to visit my dad for the summer," I replied. "Oh," was all he could muster up. I know I've only known him for a week, but to me it seems like he thought I moved here.  "I um- there's still a lot of time till I have to go back to North Carolina you know. And maybe, just maybe I could convince my mom to let me stay for a bit longer!"  He smiled, but it just became awkward after that. 

Soon enough, it was five thirty, and we all got into Ashton's car. "Hey, do you guys wanna hang out tonight? Like, a sleepover?" Violet asked. "Yeah, I'd like that!" Lucas said. "Me too!" Micheal replied. "I could ask my dad if we could do it at my house," I suggested. "Yeah why not! Thanks Corii!" Violet said.
Next thing I know, we're walking into my dad's house, and I ask, "dad, can my friends stay over tonight?"
"Yeah, I don't see why not," he said. "Thank you!" We all said. I then led them up to my room. "Wow, girl your room is giant!" Violet said. "Yeah, my dad gave me pretty much the whole floor."
Soon enough Lucas and I were blowing up air mattresses.