Odyssey of Shadows

"I'm just so tired, when is it my turn to die?"

At ages 7, 21 and 24 Nina had lost something... someone dear to her. It was only fitting that she lost something at 25 to.

Take the shot and breathe,

Her family, her team, herself and now Simmons. There was only so many funerals she could take.

Take the shot and be,

Nina is not the type to ask for help but she is drowning, suffocating in her own mind and the place she calls her home.

Death comes for us all,

If only Nina knew what asking for help would do. If only she knew that healing would open up the wounds she'd never truly let close.

So take the shot and leave.

Nina Ramos, the Executioner, finds herself at a crossroads, teetering on the precipice between salvation and damnation

Welcome to the Odyssey of Shadows where Nina's life somehow gets more difficult.

¤ ¤

INTRODUCING!

Lyndsy Fonseca as Nina Ramos

"It is the only thing I could rely on

"It is the only thing I could rely on. I sure as hell couldn't rely on you!"

Iain De Caestecker as Leopold Fitz

"I don't need you to die for me, I need you to live for me

"I don't need you to die for me, I need you to live for me. If not for yourself then for me, please."

¤ ¤

author's note
welcome back everyone to a new instalment in my agents of shield series. this is the third book so make sure to read Take the Shot and An Executioner's Requiem before you start here. like all my books, there will be some mature scenes throughout the book and some intense scenes.

TW: this is going to be a pretty heavy book in regards to the trigger warnings and main themes. need i remind you, the last book ended with nina confessing to self harm by slitting her wrists and asking for help. she is not going to be magically healed and free from those urges and i am very heavily dipping into the whole 'it'll get really bad before it gets better' aspect of healing in this book. where not every chapter will have her actively engaging in self harm there will be references to it, in her actions and how she feels in the moment. i will be putting trigger warnings on all the chapters where this may happen but i need you to know that a self harm warning could range from her thinking about it to looking at her scars to telling someone about it to actually inflicting pain on herself. i will try to specify the best a can by saying things like mild, moderate or serve in these warnings.

TW: there is also going to be a heavy underlining theme of ptsd and suicidal ideation that will be in almost every chapter (if it every branches into intent i will specify it in a trigger warning). i'm basically going to be writing a variation of the nina that was alluded to in the previous books when she talks about her time in the hospital and on her kill spree but with those violent urges turned on herself.

So yeah again, this is going to be a heavy book. we're gonna get more angst than in anything else i've ever written but don't fret, nina and fitz are still fervently in love with each other and their love story will blossom.

uploads will be fairly slow, in an attempt to preserve my own mental health and since i'm balancing writing with studying for my final exams.

thank you all very much for giving my writing a chance and mark your calendars for 27th March 8pm (GMT) for the first chapter of nina's third act.