Chapter Three

**Not edited or proofread!**

Drew

Blue released a low, displeased rumble from his chest when I led him out to the truck. Even though this dog took rides with me all the time, he seemed to always know when I was taking him to the vet.

I arched an eyebrow at him. "You really growling at me, boy?" I opened the door wider. "Up and in. You know the deal."

He just sat. I sighed. He always made this so difficult, but if we were going somewhere he wanted to go, he'd have been in the truck before I even got the door opened all the way.

With a growl of my own, I leaned down and wrapped my arms around the beast and lifted him into the truck. He moved to get out, but I quickly slammed the door, shutting him inside. I peered in at him. "You are a hundred and twenty pounds too heavy for me to be lifting you," I told him.

He just stared back at me. Shaking my head, I rounded the front of my truck and quickly climbed into the driver's seat. Whether this mutt liked it or not, he had to get his shots. It was just the way of life.

~*~*~

"Holy crap, what kind of dog is he?" Kaecee asked when I led Blue into the vet office. I'd been expecting Farrah to be working, but Kaecee was even better. I'd had a forty-eight hour shift the next day after our date, and other than a few texts and phone calls, I hadn't spoken to her, much less seen her.

I surprisingly really missed her.

Things were so easy with her.

"He's a Cane Corso Rottweiler mix," I told her. "He's a beast but a really good dog."

She shot me a deadpan look. "And you named him Blue?"

Blue perked his ears up at the sound of his name, making her laugh. I grinned. I loved the sound of her laugh, and it made my heart trip beats in my chest.

This woman was everything.

"Come on," she said, leading me into the back. "Let's get Blue into an examination room. He's just here for shots today?" she asked, flipping through his file.

"Yep. Poor guy hates them, so take it easy on him, yeah?"

She knelt down in front of Blue and grinned at him, reaching up to rub his ears. He panted happily, his tail and entire back-end wiggling.

I feel you, boy. She has that effect on me, too.

"You're going to be a good boy for me, aren't you?" she asked him in a soft, baby voice. "Yes, you are. Come on. Let's show your daddy how good you can be."

And like he was just as smitten with her as I was, he sat perfectly still while she gave him his shots and even trimmed his nails. Usually Farrah had to muzzle him when she did this crap, but he handled it like a freaking champ for Kaecee.

He and I were both screwed when it came to her.

She handed him a couple of treats and then rubbed his big body. "He did great. I don't know what you were so worried about."

I snorted. "We usually have to muzzle him."

She grinned at Blue. "I just have that effect on big babies like him." She kissed his snout. "Come on. I'll get you checked out."

"Can you add dinner with you to my tab, too?" I asked her as she was ringing me up.

Her cheeks flushed, but her pretty eyes were shining. God, she was a stunner, and if I had anything to do with it, I would be the only man from here on out that got her to look at them like this.

"You want to take me out again?"

"Sweetheart, I'm dying to," I confessed. "Forty-eight-hours without being in your presence has killed me a bit, I think."

She laughed. "Then yes, we can add dinner to your tab."

I grinned and passed her my debit card.