The Prison

"Adagio, why would you let her do that? Why?" Sonata wailed, sitting down on a single bed. The Dazzling's had been placed in a lone cell, far, far away from anyone who could hear them.

"Yeah, I hate to side with Sonata, but you sort of just left us here. Now we have even less than we did before." Aria moaned.

Adagio rolled her eyes, ignoring the two behind her. She was thinking carefully.

"Not true. We still have our voices, and that is what we are going to use to our aid." Adagio said, irritated. They were getting on her nerves, and when people did that, she couldn't think straight. Not one bit.

"Uhm, Adagio, not gonna lie, but have you not noticed that we don't have those necklaces anymore? I didn't think you were that thick." Aria said, voice dripping with annoyance.

Adagio smiled at this. Twilight had been so naive, so eager to get rid of them that she'd accepted the broken parts of her bracelet and accessories as parts of the necklaces. Adagio had designed them specifically for their performance, and although that hadn't been what she'd actually wanted to use them for, they had been useful in the end.

"Wrong again. This is why I'm the leader and you two are backup. Remember this?" In a swift moment, Adagio drew out one single blood red pendant, her own, and fastened it to her neck. Instantly, Sonata and Aria hurried over to her, eyes wide.

"How do you still have yours? Do you have ours? Tell us, Adagio!"

Adagio grinned.

"When I saw Celestia, I knew that there was no way we could possibly win that battle, not with all of them together and overpowering us. So, when you two were covering your eyes, I swiped your necklaces, and put them together, meaning that they strengthened and I hid them back. The light never destroyed them, although that is what the Rainbooms were led to believe."

Adagio finally pulled out the other pendants, which Sonata and Aria instantly snatched instantly. They tried out a couple of notes, and then turned.

"But, Adagio, how will we escape? There isn't a single person here who could let us out?" Sonata asked curiously.

"Fool. Remember, the guard comes each day to bring us food. He'll be along soon, with dinner. Then, we can escape."

Time passed, what with Sonata and Aria trying notes, while Adagio sat in the corner, brainstorming her ideas. She hated no one the way she hated the Rainbooms, and was desperate to destroy them, even if it meant destroying herself.

"Okay, girls, here's the food. Share it out evenly," a guard said suddenly, and there was a click as he opened the cell door.
"Why can't you let us out with the rest of the people out there?" Sonata asked. The guard looked at her, puzzled.
Adagio ignored her, and opened her mouth and began to vocalise. From behind her, Aria and Sonata began to sing.
The man's eyes went dreamy, blank, even. Adagio pushed past him, snatching the key from his hand, the food he was carrying dropping to the floor as he listened to the music.