Pilot

A/N: I'm not going to write what happened when Alison disappeared because there will be no differences from the show (Just imagine Cassie was there). Also Cassie is a bit of a bitch.

CASSIE'S POV

Hanna, Mona and I were at the mall. Truth be told I'm only here because Hanna forced me, I'm not a big fan of Mona. My sister started shoplifting when they became friends, and right now, all I can do is shake my head disapprovingly as Hanna tries new glasses so she can steal them.

"Hey, is this me?" Mona asked showing us her scarf, luckly I spoted Spencer, who was looking at clothes, not wanting to be with Mona anymore I left.

"Spencer Hastings, am I dreaming or are you really shopping for clothes?" I say jokingly. "I can't believe your parents allowed you out for something that didn't contribute to your college application"

"Cassie. How have I missed that terrible sense of humor." She joked back.

"Shut up you love me." We start laughing as Hanna joined us.

"I cannot believe Spencer Hastings actually has time to shop. I mean, you're interning for the mayor, taking classes at Hollis, and redoing the barn. And in your leisure moments, you facebook and tweet."

"You know me. I like to stay busy."

"It's called a summer vacay, Spence." My sister said.

"You two spent yours sunning and shopping." We laugh again, but then my smile became a sad one.

"Did you see the paper today?" I asked

"Yeah." Hanna said

"She's gone, but she's everywhere." Spence added.

"Can you believe it's been a year?" I said.

"Do you remember what Ali said that night, about our secrets keeping us close? I think it was the opposite." I nodded at Spencer's statement. Ali and I had a special relationship, I loved to party so Ali took me to every college party she knew of, I spent a lot of time with her, maybe more than any of the other girls did. Although looking back, I realize that going to those parties was a mistake. I did a lot of stupid shit and Ali knew everything.

"So! What's the occasion?" Hanna said suddenly changing the subject.

"Family dinner. We're meeting Melissa's fiance."

"Did miss perfect find a Mr. Perfect?" Hanna asked

"Yeah, did Melissa remove that stick up her ass or is her fiancee just as bad?" I said.

"Cassie!"

"What? Is he?"

"He's a med student, so everyone's thrilled." Spencer answered. "And no one is as bad as Melissa."

I laughed. "True"

"Then that's not the right top. You need to turn heads." My sister said.

"Away from Melissa? Please."

"Hanna's right," I said as she handed Spencer a top. "I think Melissa should learn what it's like not to be the center of attention."

"We'll see you around the playground." Hanna said as we locked our arms together and walked away.

"See you."

We were exiting the shop when a security guard stopped us and my heart skipped a beat, thankfully he was just returning Hanna's forgotten purse. Little did I know those sun glasses would be the beginning of my own personal hell.

<><><><>

The next day was the first day of school, everything went by as normal, except for the fact that Aria was back. Which meant so was he.