There's no place like Homecoming

The girls and I got to Aria's house because she hadn't left her house and had been wearing sweats for like a week

"What are you doing?" She whined as Spencer took her blanket.

"An intervention."

"We brought takeout and rag mags." Emily added putting them on the bed.

Hanna sat down next to Aria. "But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats."

"What's wrong with these?"

"Those

"Oh you mean besides the fact that we could smell them when we entered the house or the fact that they are starting to graft to your skin?." I said. "Well, also, bad clothes give me a headache."

"Well, they're comfy."

"So are mom jeans and platform flip-flops." My sister added.

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily smiled.

"That's easy. I'm not going." Aria told us.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Hanna inquired.

"You can't just not go." Spencer protested.

"What are you doing instead?" Em asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey." Aria said.

"Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents. And besides, they still might work it out."

"They're barely speaking to each other."

"People get angry. They blow up. Doesn't mean it's over." Emily said.

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students." Hanna snapped. "Sorry."

"Look, you never know what could happen, sometimes parents have a way to resolve their problems on their own, it just takes some time." I said.

"Yeah, maybe."

Spence stood up excitedly. "Okay, so you're coming! Come on!"

"God...I'll think about it."

"If you're not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" We all sigh at Hanna's comment. "What? I need her vote or I'll loose to Cassie."

"Hanna I'm not even running." I argued. "And I'm not going either." I whispered.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

I sighed. "I'm not going either."

"Why?" Spencer asked.

"I'm just not in a very homecoming-y mood. Besides I don't even have a dress."