07: CLOSER : MFE

[07: CLOSER : MFE]
October 1st, 2020

"Riki! Welcome home!" Mrs. Nishumra said. "I brought a guest." Niki said. "A guest? What have I told you about friends-" "She's my tutor." Niki said, shutting down her rant immediately.

"Sooyun, My mom. Mom, Ahn Sooyun." Niki said. "Your tutor.. is a girl from your class?" Mrs. Nishumra asked. "She's from class 2." Niki replied, "we'll be in my room." "Sweetie, I'm sorry but Riki has a tutor." Mrs. Nishumra said.

"Yeah that's me." Sooyun replied, bowing slightly. "No a real tutor." Mrs. Nishumra said. "The school assigned me to tutor him. I have the highest science score in my class. I guarantee your son is in good hands. And don't worry, this helps us both,

I'm not strong in math, but he is. So he helps me with math as well. I'm free of charge so don't worry about money. I'm just a good friend who wants to help my friend out." Sooyun said. Niki smiled a bit.

"You're a bit mature, aren't you? Very formal and polite." Mrs. Nishumra said, raising a brow. "Shouldn't everyone be?" Sooyun asked, putting on a fake smile. "If I knew you were such a dear I wouldn't have been so tough on you. Would you like some fruit?" Mrs. Nishumra asked.

Sooyun nodded, "that'd be nice, thank you. Kiki let's go study." She said. Niki nodded and guided her to his room. Once they got up there Sooyun looked at him, "I don't like your mom." She whispered. Niki chuckled. "You're not the first nor the last person that has said that." He said.

"Okay let's get to work." Sooyun said, "where's your homework?" Niki sighed and pulled out his homework. "Okay first I want you to do every problem that you do know. Get the easy stuff done first, alway." Sooyun said. Niki nodded and started working.

Sooyun took a picture of him when he wasn't looking. Niki looked at her, "Did you just take a picture of me?" Sooyun shook her head and tried to hide her smile. "Let me take a picture of you." Niki said. Sooyun handed him the camera and posed. "Act natural." He chuckled.

Mrs. Nishumra walked by the door and stood by it.

"I always pose." Sooyun pouted. "Just smile. Your smile is cute." Niki said. "Cute?" Sooyun asked, turning red and smiling due to shyness. "No one's told you that? You have a good smile." Niki took a picture.

"You're the first." Sooyun said. Niki took the picture from the camera and sat it on his desk. "I keep yours and you keep mines." He said. Sooyun nodded, "Now get back to working. We got sidetracked." Niki groaned but he went back to working.

"Tutoring should not be laughs and giggles." Mrs Nishumra mumbled. She opened the door and put on a smile. "Here's your fruit." She said. "Thank you miss." Sooyun said. "You are studying right?" Mrs. Nishumra asked, sitting the bowl on the desk.

Sooyun and Niki nodded in unison. Mrs. Nishumra nodded, "Okay. Call me if you need anything." "Yes ma'am." Sooyun said. Niki just nodded. "You should be more like your friend." Mrs. Nishumra said. Niki's smile immediately faded and he pressed his lips together.

"Don't say that! Niki is far smarter and nicer than I am. Even if he wasn't why compare-" Sooyun was cut off by Mrs. Nishumra leaving. "I don't like that." She said, looking at Niki. "It's fine. She does it all the time." Niki mumbled, going back to working.

Danielle anxiously face timed Jungwon as she adjusted her skirt. Jungwon answered immediately, "why'd you face time? I told you to text." He said. "Is this outfit okay? Should I change? It it too formal or too casual?" Danielle ranted. "It's fine." Jungwon assured, "my family won't care, trust."