A gift for a kiss

It's unfortunate that I must announce about half of what was posted originally is no longer available (or maybe I'm just a little dumb and can't find it). So I'll have to fill in the gaps where I can with new fics.

-----------------------------------------------
Ao3: mseg_21

The first time it happened, Richie hadn't planned it.

He had been on his way to the quarry to meet his friends, when he stopped by the store. Richie had extra money from mowing his neighbor's lawn so he bought a Cherry Slurpee and two packs of gummy worms.

When he arrived at the quarry, late as usual, most of his friends were already on the water playing chicken fights and splashing around. He spotted Eddie sitting on the grass, throwing rocks into the water and watching his friends.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Mike yelled when he saw Richie. His words made Eddie turn around to see Richie approach.

His friends waved at him from the water and Richie waved back, but he didn't go join them right away. Instead he walked towards Eddie and sat down next to him.

"Hey Eddie Spaghetti" Richie said, knocking their shoulders together. "Why aren't you in the water with the others?"

"First of all, don't call me that" Eddie said, annoyed, but he still returned the shoulder bump. "Second of all, my mom is convinced I had a fever last night and the only way I could convince her to let me come here was if I promised to stay out of the water."

Richie grimaced, "That sucks. I'm sorry, Eds" he said sympathetically.

Eddie shrugged, "It's not your fault."

"Oh but it is. If I had paid her a visit last night she would have been in a much better mood today" Richie said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Beep beep Richie" Eddie said, shaking his head, but he couldn't hide the way the corner of his mouth twitched in an almost smile. Then, changing the subject, he asked, "What took you so long?"

"I was hungry, so I stopped to buy these on my way here" Richie said, opening the pack of candy and putting a handful of gummy worms in his mouth, all at once.

"You were hungry and you bought gummy worms?" Eddie asked, skeptically.

"Hey, gummy worms are fucking awesome okay, Eds?" Richie said.

"Sure, but they're not real food."

"Oh, so I guess I should give these to someone else then. Since you hate gummy worms so much." Richie held up the unopened pack in front of Eddie, a smug smile on his face.

Eddie's eyes widened and he reached for it, but Richie was faster and just held it out of Eddie's reach by extending his arm over his head.

His friend glared at him as he sat with his arms crossed over his chest. Richie laughed and handed Eddie the pack any way.

"See if next time you whine about my fucking food choices."

Eddie didn't answer, he only smiled at Richie before opening the bag and popping a single gummy worm into his mouth.

Richie was looking at his other friends when out of the corner of his eye he saw Eddie move, maybe to stand up, Richie thought, but then he felt Eddie's lips pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

He was surprised to say the least, usually he was the one kissing Eddie's cheek, not the other way around. Richie could feel himself starting to blush and he was glad it was a sunny day, so he could blame the redness of his cheeks on the sun and not the fact that Eddie had just kissed him.