Chapter 12

(Cass)

I wake up in a cold sweat, not only am i surrounded at every side by limbs but because of the nightmare i just experienced. These dreams are getting worst, and i don't know how to react to them. It has been the same on repeat for a week. I got a call last week about a possible gang war. Something is going on. 

Someone is planning something, and my gang is at the center, Im at the center. I can't fuck up now. The girls have to be protected, especially with Niecy being watched, and Ny's dream that we have to keep from happening. My poor innocent girls, i kiss both their foreheads and try to calm my heart. Nobody is taking them, especially not some puny misogynistic man. I lay back down and try to fall asleep again.

I can't, i want to go on a run but if I'm not back before the girls wake up they are going to be pissed. I can't relax at all though so shower it is. I get from in between them and walk up the stairs, quietly going pass Jeremy's room trying not to wake anyone in this huge house. I go to Niecy's room and grab some black sweatpants and an army green crop top.

I walk into the bathroom and turn on the cold water, i need to relax and steam filling my nose isn't the way i want to go. I get in for about 20 minutes and get out once i cant feel my fingertips anymore. I look out the window once i wrap my grey towel around me. Niecy insisted that all our towels and slippers needed to be fuzzy. We did a vote and i lost 2v1, so now i have fuzzy grey slippers and a fuzzy grey towel. 

The shower helped calm my nerves and i take my time getting dressed, it's a saturday so i have to leave out for some gang work that need to be complete. I have no idea how i'm going to get the girls to let me go but i'll think of something. Once im dressed i brush my teeth and wash my face then head downstairs, where the girls are still sleeping. I smile and walk into the kitchen to greet Ms.Andrea and Ms.Brown.

I yawn as i enter the kitchen and look around. There they are cooking breakfast for us, i go and hug them both before checking my watch and seeing its about 8:30 now. I need to go. "Ms.Brown, tell the girls i left to do some food and snack shopping please." She turned around to look at me, "We have enough food and snacks Cassy, i thought you said you were done trying to get into that gang." She looked at me sternly and i damn near gulped.

These old ladys are the closest thing to my parents i have, therefore im scared shitless by them. The only reason they know about the gang is because i came here once , about to pass out because i had gotten shot in the arm and couldn't get the bullet out so i was losing a lot of blood fast, they helped me. But asked a lot of questions, i couldn't tell them i was the gang leader so i said i was trying to join the gang. 

That was about a year ago, they kept my secret. I racked my brain trying to figure out what to say and how to avoid the wooden spoon Andrea was about to smack me with. Andrea looked me in my eyes and she knew i was about to lie my ass off so she decided to skip waiting for my answer and just hit me with the spoon right on my hand that was resting on the counter. As she hit me she said, "Ay! Tu as promis!" 

I winced and moved just before she could hit me again, "I know, im sorry!!!"  i said as i ran out the garage door, the wooden spooned hurt. Freakin french and their need for wood. I got into my jeep and drove out the garage, i needed to get to Blacksmiths alley. Apparently there was a murder of 2 of our members. As i drove the 15 minute drive to the alley i was trying to come up with an idea of who would be dumb enough to kill one of our members. 

Nobody in Williamsburg is bold enough to do that, so it has to be an outsider. Nobody would risk their life otherwise. As i parked in the outlets alley and got out, i see my members. I walk over and instantly im hit with the smell of piss and BO. This is also where homeless people used to hangout. Until me and my members cleared it out, but i guess they still do their business here. Gross. 

I walked over to the bodies and crouched down to remove the cover, their necks were slit. Fuck. It was a warning, i pressed my hand against the wounds and the blood was still warm. This just happened, i turned my body to ask Liam a question until i felt a piercing burn in my stomach. I grabbed my stomach and there was blood. Not a warning a ambush. My mistake. Liam dove for me and pulled me behind a dumpster, and started shooting back.

I felt my vision going in and out but i had to pull through. The adrenaline spiked and i grabbed my gun from my waistband and starts shooting back. I couldn't see where i was shooting but the faster we clear them out the faster i can get checked out. I heard Liam groan, a bullet grazed his arm. Shit, i pulled myself up and stood beside him and started shooting with a better accuracy. We killed all 4 shooters and only  3 out of the 6 of us got injured in some sort of way.

Once the shots stopped being fired, i took a deep breath and darkness enveloped me. I guess whatever gods kept me standing upright while bleeding out knew i completed the only thing i needed to stay awake for, and that was keeping my members alive. I did that.