Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON'S POV :
Just as Taehyun was about to drift into the next scenario of his dream, someone threw a jug of water on his face. It was Beomgyu, Taehyun partially opened his eyes to see Beomgyu and he wiped the water off his face while groaning in annoyance.

"Choi Beomgyu! SLEEP AND LET SLEEP!"
Taehyun yelled and Beomgyu squinted his eyes.

"Why do I have to wake you up everytime when it's you who puts the alarm but you never wake up!"
Beomgyu said with annoyance and Taehyun now sat up.

"Because you're dumb."
Taehyun said and he made his bed. Beomgyu went back to kitchen and started preparing the breakfast.

These two worked as junior officers in the Crime Branch as they were new to this job. Both aspired to be great officers and serve their country. From Childhood to high school, from high school to university and from university to this job, both were together ever since and were best friends.

Taehyun went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. He was drying his hair with a towel and he heard a ringtone.

"Gyu! Someone's calling!"
Taehyun yelled as Beomgyu peeked from the kitchen only revealing his head.

"That's your phone! Dumbass!"
Beomgyu yelled back and Taehyun realised that it was his phone.

He was shocked at first as he rarely got any calls. Most of them used be from Beomgyu and his only cousin or his only family member, Seulgi.

He looked at the screen and thought that it was Seulgi but his brows creased when he saw an unknown number. He pocked up the phone and slowly placed it on his right ear only to get yelled at by a girl who had a pleasant voice but not a pleasant tone.

"What kind of behavior is this?!"
The voice on the other side of the call said.

"Uhm miss who are you?"
Taehyun asked politely while sitting on the bean bag and Beomgyu looked at him with curiosity after walking out of the kitchen.

"Who am I?! Really?! Liar! You didn't deliver my parcel on time and now you're acting all strange?"
The voice again yelled and now Taehyun clenched his fists.

"Listen Miss, I'm trying to be polite but please check whom you called first!"
Taehyun said firmly and he hung up the call in anger.

"Who was that?"
Beomgyu asked while raising his brows to which Taehyun rolled his eyes in response.

"Wrong number."
He said and sat on the dining table. Both of them did their breakfast peacefully and left the apartment on time.

Both were walking until Taehyun's phone again started ringing to which he groaned. It was the same number from earlier. Taehyun put his phone on silent and put it back in his pocket.

"Wrong number's in love with you!"
Beomgyu said jokingly only to meet Taehyun's piercing glare. Beomgyu became silent and they proceeded to walk.

Both reached their office and got assigned their works. Taehyun got so indulged in his work that he didn't even check his phone. He always worked with discipline and that's why people in his office liked him and his style of working.

"I think it will not take him long to become the new head of this department!"
A girl whispered to other who were looking at Taehyun from their cubicles.

"Apart from that, he's hot too!"
The second girl said and they both started squealing in excitement not knowing that someone was watching them from afar.

"Ahem."
They heard someone fake cough and sat up straight on their seats, they knew that it was their boss, Ning Yizhuo. She glared at both of them and her eyes got stuck on that one person and a faint smile crept on her lips.

Someone else was looking at the whole scene too, it was none other than Beomgyu. He was watching the whole scene with his hands clasped with intense expressions. Everyone around his cubicle were staring at him weirdly as Beomgyu probably looked like that person who always insists on being the 'mysterious' character apart from their personality.

"It looks like our Boss, Miss Yizhuo is interested in our charming and handsome Kang Taehyun!"
Beomgyu said while looking into the camera. He then picked up a pen and started acting like some reporter.

"Now coming towards today's breaking news, I'm Choi Beomgyu, your host, and the news says that our boss Miss Yizhuo seems to be interested in Kang Taehyun."
Beomgyu said and the employees looked at him with more surprise.

"Can he act any weirder?"
One girl said looking at Beomgyu acting dramatic.

"Shall I play as the cupid?"
Beomgyu again said and he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around with a smile but his smile dropped completely when he saw Yizhuo in front of him with her arms folded.

" This was your host, Choi Beomgyu. I shall be back very soon."
He whispered before finally looking at Yizhuo who was still glaring at him. He cleared the lump in his throat after looking at those intimidating and scary eyes of Yizhuo who was staring into his soul.

"I think you should pay attention to your work."
Saying that, she left and Beomgyu stood still like a statue until he got back into senses. He then got back to work and this time, started working seriously.

After five hours or so, the two were finally free from their work. Being the junior officers, they had to look through the files and they would rarely get to solve any case.

Beomgyu waited for Taehyun and both of them left for their apartment. Soon, both reached their apartment and literally threw themselves on their beds.

Taehyun looked at his phone and got surprised. He sat up straight and looked at his phone screen which had almost thirty missed calls from the same number. Beomgyu saw that too and got furious.

"Who is that?! Is she mad or what?"
Beomgyu said and Taehyun called back on that same number. As soon as the girl picked up the call, Taehyun started speaking.

"Listen to me miss, I'm no delivery boy and I've no idea about your parcel, please don't bother me!"
Taehyun said firmly but tried to sound as polite as possible.

"Yes, I know."
The voice this time seemed really sweet and gentle which put a smile on Taehyun's face which didn't go unnoticed by Beomgyu. He placed his ear on his phone trying to listen to what the girl was saying.

"I figured it out right after calling you and I called you to apologize. I'm really sorry sir."
The voice again said. Taehyun felt like he was on cloud nine after listening to that soothing voice.

"Don't call me sir by the way, I've a name. It's Taehyun."
Taehyun said and Beomgyu smirked at him.

"What did you order that you were yelling so badly?"
Taehyun asked to continue the coversation.

"A dress, for my friend's wedding."
The girl replied.

"What's your name Miss?"
Taehyun asked and now the girl stayed silent for a while.

"It's okay if you don-"
Before he could complete speaking, the girl spoke.

"I'm Ryujin, Shin Ryujin."