Tearing

Loathe the way they light candles in Rome

But love the sweet air of the votives

Hurt and grieve but don't suffer alone

Engage with the pain as a motive

Today, of all days, see

How the most dangerous thing is to love

How you will heal and you'll rise above

D'un gérant d'immeuble qui s'était tué on disait un jour

Qu'il avait perdu sa fille depuis cinq ans

Qu'il avait beaucoup changé depuis et que cette histoire l'avait

Achilles, Achilles, Achilles, jump now

You are absent of cause or excuse

So self-indulgent and self-referential

No audience could ever want you

You crave the applause yet hate the attention

Then miss it, your act is a ruse

It is empty, Achilles, so end it all now

It's a pointless resistance for you

Ce qui déclenche la crise est presque toujours incontrôlable

Les journaux parlent souvent de chagrins intimes ou de maladie incurable

Ces explications sont valables

Mais il faudrait savoir si le jour même un ami

Du désespéré ne lui a pas parlé sur un ton indifférent

Celui-là est le

—Achilles Come Down- Gang of Youth

"The Iliad was an epic poem written by Homer which detailed a man named Achilles. Some of you may know the famous proverbial 'Achilles' heel.' Contrary to what you might think, this was not mentioned in the Iliad, and rather, non-Homeric Achilles mythos. His story in Homer's epic takes place during the final few weeks of the Trojan war. When people think of Achilles, they think of the strongest man who ever lived. He was invulnerable. He was key to Agamemnon's army, the greatest of all Greek warriors. Homer's version is a little more realistic, but in the spirit of keeping things interesting, we'll step away from the Iliad's telling for a bit.

"The oracles had said that the Greeks couldn't win the war without Achilles. His mother had dipped him in the River Styx in order to make him invincible, but of course, she had held him by the foot, and his heel had not been submerged. He plowed through soldier after soldier, he withstood every obstacle in his way. He was charming and handsome. But in the end, the Trojan prince, Paris, loosed the arrow that would strike his vulnerable heel, killing him.

"I think it's a great lesson to be learned. A lot of people strive for perfection and adoration from others, but our weaknesses will always exist whether others know of them or not."

Marinette tugs her sweater closer to her body. The night before, the heat at the school had stopped working due to a terrible blizzard that struck Paris. So, Marinette is stuck in her drafty home in the attic while she and her class are in a Zoom meeting, listening to Ms. Bustier talk about Greek mythology. Marinette had always enjoyed the stories. It was interesting to think that even a long time ago, people had tales to tell.