𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦 [Pt.1]

Summary: There is a two-seperate versions of Prince Charles, the junior is referred to as 'Carlos' and the senior, as 'Charles'.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════≫

September 1985 [Kensington Palace]

Charles clears his throat, earning Diana's attention as she's getting ready for the royal engagement, that they're about to attend this evening.

"Diana, I've something important to tell you." Charles sounded rather nervous, while fixing his cufflinks.

"What is it?" Diana asked, putting on her earrnings.

"It is that, I want you to meet someone..."

"Alright, who is it?"

"Erm... well, just get ready quickly so we can meet him before the engagement's expected time."

"Him?"

"Y-yes."

"But, Charles we mustn't be late on the engagement―

―I'm well aware of that, but I suppose if I didn't get you to meet him, he will do it against my will."

"Against your will!?" Diana exclaimed, threwing a brief glare at him.

"I'm your wife, how dare someone meet me without your consent, let alone mine?" Diana rolled her eyes, applying lipstick as she focuses on the mirrored glimpse of her lips.

"Well, Diana, I wish I could elaborate, but I know for a fact that it will only get worse."

"Charles, you're making me so nervous about the whole situation." Diana's attention is now wholly caught by Charles as she glares at him while sensing that Charles seems a bit nervous about the subject. She's somewhat curious to know who this person is that Charles wants her to meet, all of a sudden.

"Is it necessary to meet him, or shall we schedule it after the end of the event?"

"Yes, it is infact, necessary. Anway, get on quickly, I will be waiting for you downstairs." Charles informed her briefly, moment before leaving the dressing room.

"Who could it be?" Diana shruggs it off.

As Diana leaves her dressing room and prepares to leave with Charles, she feels a sense of curiosity wash over her, for he hasn't given her any information about who this person is, or why the meeting is important.

Charles seems to be acting rather strangely about the whole situation, and she can tell that he is trying to explain himself but that he isn't being very clear in his communication.

As they leaves the boundries of Kensington Palace, they're escorted by the palace guards to Buckingham Palace.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════≫

Finally, they arrive at Buckingham Palace, Diana's mind is filled with a thriving anticipation alongside a sense of anxiety about who she's about to meet.

As they enters the grand reception room of the palace, she notices a familiar presence, a presence that indicates of a junior-self of prince Charles, standing among the other members of the Royal family, excluding the Queen and Prince Philip.

There is a brief, awkward moment of silence as Diana takes him in, she can't help but think who he is or why does he looks very much-alike of Charles.

Finally, earning their gazes, Carlos sensed Diana's gaze and immediately turns towards her, meeting her blue eyes, "Oh, my..." He mutters in amusement, his gaze fills with both, attraction and a glimpse of instant jealousy, as he witnessed her, standing with his senior-self, Charles.