D.W |Feelings

summary: dean winchester confesses his feelings towards y/n.
perspective: third person
word count: 1811

Dean has fallen madly in love with Y/n ever since he laid eyes on her

Dean has fallen madly in love with Y/n ever since he laid eyes on her. She was beautiful, not like the girls in the magazines. She was beautiful for the way she thought, for the way she spoke, and her ability to help those around her.

No, she wasn't just beautiful as something temporary as her looks, but beautiful deep down in her soul.

She was his reason for why he kept pushing in life. She made his darkest days cheerful and full of light. She had changed his life completely.

The way she looked at him with that smile made him feel butterflies in his stomach. It was an odd sensation, but comforting in ways that couldn't allow him to sleep at nights.

However, he wasn't one to express his feelings. It wasn't easy to admit he loved her, but he knew those feelings he felt were true. He wanted nothing more than to tell her, but what if she didn't felt the same?

Dean keep things mutual between the both, but each day it got harder to not wonder what it would be like to date her. Especially when there would times where he'd flirt with her and she'd flirt back. Did she mean it or was she just playing along?

He'd envy Sam for how close the two were. She'd always go to Sam rather than him for help or for anything in general. He tried not to hate Sam for it, but he just wished he was the one she'd run to for comfort.

He wishes he could be the one that kept her awake at nights and in despair, to be her cry, to be the one who she woke up excited for. But that fear always held him back from confessing his feelings.

It wasn't until he finally had enough.

Sam and Y/n had been on the couch watching movies for hours with half a bucket of popcorn between them, and the other half all over them. "Sam! Stop throwing the popcorn!" She laughed, trying to sound upset but couldn't.

"C'mon, this is more fun than actually eating it" he said, throwing a handful at her. Before she could say anything, Dean had came back from his trip. She looked towards his direction, sending him a smile only to not receive one back.

"Hey, Dean. Is everything okay?" She asked, looking up at him as Sam has turned the volume down. "Yeah... just been thinking a lot while I was out" he said as he looked between the two.

Sam immediately got the hint and got up. "I'll go make us some more popcorn."

Y/n watched as Sam grabbed the container and awkwardly walked away, leaving the two alone. Once he was gone, she patted the empty spot, inviting him to take a seat besides her.