Moonage Daydream - David Bowie (Remastered)

"You realize what happens if you get kicked out, right?" Cindy spoke up as the girls walked out of the nurse's office. "How awful that would be for me?" Cindy looked off to her side, walking with the girls.

"Did someone do something to Nurse Lane?" Joey turned to her older sister. "Like, make fun of her daughter, or something?" She added.

"Joey, are you listening to me?" Cindy turned to face her.

"She was upset," Joey reasoned.

"I don't care! I..." Cindy realized she was yelling and paused. "Do you hear what I'm saying to you guys?" She restated.

"Loud and clear, ma'am," Ziggy strutted along with Joey, trying to get away from their older sister. She loved her, they both did, but she was super uptight.

"Well, clearly you don't because we had this conversation last week and the week before that," Cindy scolded the girls.

"Yeah, and again, we're not gonna get kicked out," Ziggy turned her head forward in annoyance, trying to end the conversation.

"That's not what Kurt thinks," Cindy spoke matter-of-factly.

"Kurt thinks he can fuck Joey by the end of the summer, you still siding with him?" Ziggy sped up.

"Take that back!" Joey turned to her red-haired sister.

"No! Guys, no!" Cindy pulled both girls by the arms. "If you get kicked out, I do too. Mom can't work and take care of you guys, and then how will I pay for college, huh?" She pleaded.

But, Ziggy being Ziggy, she laughed at the thought of that. Joey thought it was an unreasonable goal, but she didn't laugh at it. She left that to Ziggy.

"Oh, that's funny to you?" Cindy shrugged her shoulders at the girl in disbelief.

"No-" Joey tried to intervene.

"Yeah, kinda," Ziggy continued. Cindy chuckled and followed Ziggy who started to walk away again. Joey caught up to them but was afraid of what was to happen.

"Explain to me what's so funny," The older sibling spoke in annoyance.

"How dumb you are?" Ziggy answered.

"Ok, wait-" Joey tried again.

"No one gets out of this town, not even Miss Perfect. Bet you on your way out you get run over by a bus," She rolled her eyes.

"Once in your life, could you just not be so..." Cindy struggled for the word. "So mean?" She finished, her voice wavering.

"Could once in your life could you just stop pretending?" Ziggy threw up her arms, and then reached down to grab a blue shirt. "You're Shadyside, in case you forgot," She threw the shirt at Cindy. And just like that, Ziggy walked away. Joey stood there, unsure of what to do.

"Does Kurt really like you?" Cindy asked. Joey laughed a little, glad she wasn't upset with her.

"God I hope not," Joey shook her head.

"Oh, I dunno. I think your babies will be beautiful," She teased. Joey stuck her tongue out in disgust, pushing her older sister. Cindy's boyfriend called for her, and just like that she was gone. Joey headed back to hers and Ziggy's cabin, hoping she wasn't in too bad of a mood.

"Ziggy, I'm gonna go out to the lake. It's too hot to be pissed, and the mosquitos are killing me," Joey opened the door, digging through the drawers.

"Whatever," Ziggy replied, laying on her bed.

"Can I borrow that orange halter top?" Joey dug through the heap of clothes on the ground. Since they were "troublemakers", they got sent to solitude and got a cabin all to themselves. More like a reward if anything. Joey took her ruined top off and threw it on the ground. She had her bathing suit on underneath already. She put her sister's orange halter top on, and some shorts that were too big for her. They barely rested on her hips.