ένα

fioria

                                             fioria

Stefan was, for lack of a better word, tired. He was tired of the way his past haunted him, tired of the way he couldn't control himself whenever he fed, tired of the guilt he felt when he thought of his brother, tired of pretending to be someone he wasn't. He longed to be free of it all; he wanted to rid himself of this suffocating pain, and he didn't want to carry these burdens on anymore.

He dreams every night of a beauty.

No, that term was far too simple for someone of her nature. She was ethereal, like the sunlight peeking through the leaves of trees. She was immensely radiant, so completely captivating. In Stefan's dreams, she gives him a feeling of freedom and peace just for being who he is.

He'd been searching for her since the dreams started, the night he turned, going off pure intuition alone.

He feels so unnaturally connected to this celestial woman. Her voice makes him physically weak, and her face...

God, her face. He often wonders if he's been personally blessed himself. How is it that he gets to see such a striking face every night as the profound pull of slumber takes him over?

He's done all he could genuinely to find her.

Witches were always so lovely to him; they actively cared for him when the things he did as ripper would wake him with breath-shaking nightmares. But even they failed to find the woman who consumed his mind on an unruly basis.

He finds himself back in Mystic Falls. His intuition led him back directly to the home he used to share with his brother. Despite preferring Stefan over his blood, Zach has been acting very hostile. Though reluctant, he didn't mind it when Stefan stayed for a day or two. But that day turned into two weeks and he still wasn't leaving.

In Stefan's mind, he wasn't going to. His intuition wasn't letting him.

"So, you've been here for a while," Zach breaks the silence he and Stefan shared in the empty living room.

"Do you need something? You seem pretty eager to get me out of my own house," Stefan's eye twitches a bit as he responds pretty pointedly.

He was, for the life of him, trying his best not to rip through his jugular. He sensed Zach's hostility for a while, and the urge to kill was juggling at an all-time high.

"Well, I- I mean, this is the longest you've stayed," he wanted peace again. The peace that came when he didn't have to worry about a blood-sucking vampire sleeping under the same roof as him. I mean, he's a vampire. He's killed people.

"You do know this is my house, right, Zach? You are the guest here. My brother and I are the ones that own this place," Stefan starts, fixating his intense gaze on the man as he begins to circle around him. Zach has never seen this look on Stefan before; the look of pure craze and calculation, the look of a killer, frightens him. Was this his end?

"So, uh, let go of that hostility you have," he continues, feeling the fear that radiates off his human relative. His lip twitches upward a bit, a slight smirk itching to make its way on his lips. Stefan finds that he likes this feeling.

He walks and stands face to face with Zach; his eyes flash green, similar to the leaves he sees in his dreams. He breathes out, "Or I will kill you."

At that, the wooden floorboard creeks a minor tune as Stefan makes his way back into the comfort of his room.

No, he didn't care to see the pure shock on Zach's face. Stefan didn't care for the way his heart was beating twice as fast, the way he felt holes burning in the back of his head as he walked. Stefan was much more interested in the enchanting being he had the pleasure of speaking with in his dreams.

He plops onto his bed, slight exhaustion taking over his body. Stefan fell asleep with a smile that night once again; the promise of seeing her was more than enough to drown all the guilt he felt. He remembers her honeysuckle voice as she would whisper, "You're a vampire, sweetheart; embrace it."

He couldn't wait anymore, and his intuition was telling him that he soon wouldn't have to.