𝟎𝟎𝟐, eutony.

eutony

eutony

.✧・˚ : ༉‧₊˚✧

Orion

Often, things in a lifetime are never to come easily. Others, however, come as naturally as they go. Orion Jacquard knew this by heart.

Growing up, he had the life many have desired so intently.

He was loved, and he loved. He had a small family, yet a family that deeply and ardently loved him. He lived in a simple, noble, town, yet a town that adored and took pride in him.

He was oftentimes relied on by all, and he more than happily filled in for their needs.

He, too, was a man of many talents.

In the quaint town of Maumans, he would sing, and the people would watch in awe. He would sit and paint by the calming rivers, and all would await to delve into his works of artistry. He would read, stories of old and of new, and the children would listen.

For his voice was soothing, warm, and euphonious as a voice that spoke words like carefully written poetry and sang songs like intricate pieces of orchestra. His hands, delicate, like feathers softly dancing around a canvas. His mind, a celestial enormity, filled with dreams and an imagination as far as the eye can see.

Orion was what some would call a contrasting being. He was reserved, yet he was carefree. He was willful, yet he was spontaneous. He was playful, yet he was gracious.

But a gentle heart was what he had above all.

"There you are, Orion m'boy!" Pierre, an elderly townsfolk calls out. "I wonder if I could ask for a moment for your time. I'm in need of assistance opening up shop here, you see."

"Good day, Mr. Giraud! I'll go ahead and get that for you." Orion acknowledged, before they head inside a small antique store.

"Ever so helpful you are, m'boy, apologies for the bother. You have my sincerest thanks. Do grab yourself a couple of mints by the counter on your way out if you'd fancy them."

"Ah, never a bother you are, Mr. Giraud. Call on me whenever help is needed, yeah? And as for the mints, don't mind if I do." Orion chuckles slightly before grabbing a handful of carefully wrapped mint candies.

"I best be heading out now, monsieur. A lovely morning to you."

"As to you, Orion. Come and visit the shop again soon, will 'ya?" Pierre waves him goodbye. Such a sweet boy, that Orion. The town's just as lucky to have him around. He thinks to himself.

A couple more errands get done around town before Orion heads back home early in the afternoon.

Ophélie, Orion's mother, greets him with a loving smile.

"You're just in time, darling! I've just about finished preparing lunch. Go ahead and call your father, he's outside in the garden."

"Sure thing, maman." Orion gives her a quick peck on the forehead before heading out back.

He finds his father, Cassius, tending to rows and rows of alluring flowers. He calls out to him.

"Come on inside papà, maman says it's time for lunch."

"In a moment, dear, I've just picked out a small bouquet for your mother. These flowers here have grown beautifully so, don't you think? I make sure to always pick her my best ones."

"I never knew why you liked growing flowers so much, papà. But I do know that maman loves them more than anyone else."

"Why, I did it for her, of course." Cassius states with a fond smile. "I want her to know that my love for my sweet Ophélie would remain forevermore, and that I always will care for her the way I do with these flowers.

Well come on then, let's get these to your mother." as they both enter the kitchen once more.

It was moments like these that Orion realized how good it felt to love, and be loved. He would realize that within their household was a bond no other can replace. Within their household are memories from long ago, and even of the present. Memories of laughter, of appreciation, of acceptance, of the good parts, and even the bad parts.

It was moments like these that he would wonder how it felt to have a humble home of his own. How it would feel to find someone as close to a soulmate.

What would it be like? he often wondered. Would I, too, be able to love someone with every fiber of my being? Would I know from the moment I see her for the first time? Would her soul be as perfectly ethereal as the heavens I have adored so intently?

He often wished to the stars. Oh, how he loved the stars

It was as if he had once made a silent agreement with the vast constellations, to keep his deepest desires safe. All the words he had left unsaid, he shared then and there. All the troubles he had kept closely in his heart—for he sought solace from the cosmos.

But alas, time can only go so fast. And in that moment, there was nothing more fulfilling than the fondness so carefully shared between his own family, Orion believed.

"What's this you've gotten me now, mon coeur? Oh, Cassius, these are lovely. Right on the dining table they go!"

And so they sit, the three of them, an afternoon spent over an array of homey dishes and the comfort of one another's presence.

Orion had always felt as if he didn't deserve it all.

He'd spent his lifetime proving himself worthy of the life he believes was only borrowed.

And though to the eyes of many, he was deemed the boy with enthralling talents, the boy with a million gifts—the boy who was kind, who was giving, who was golden—Orion never seemed to be satisfied with himself.

He had tried, hard as he might, to try and fix the broken patches of his soul that he couldn't quite seem to fill.

For he had often been plagued with the thought that one day, some day, everything that he'd been holding on to for his entire life, with his entire being—would be gone just as so.

.✧・˚ : ༉‧₊˚✧

1,028 words, edited.