Chapter 9: the end of an era

I stayed staring at neteyam until the sun was gone, I cried and cried until no more tears would come.

I felt spider and Lo'ak and dad and Tsireya trying to comfort me, nothing would comfort me. The death of a twin is worse than losing all of your limbs and then eating them. It felt like half of my whole world was gone, the one thing I knew I could rely on was gone.

When dad pulled mom up saying they have my sisters I was determined, I got up, the pain in my ankle was barely there, no trace of happiness in my voice, "I'm coming."

Dad tried to stop me but mom knew I needed this, she allowed me to come with her. Dad took spider but made Lo'ak stay back with Tsireya.

I hopped on the back of my mom's ikran, and she flew towards the ship.

We circled around while dad blew up one of the engines, and the whole ship seemed to be in flames. As moms ikran flew over the ship she jumped off with me quickly following. Mom had her bow and arrows but all I had was my knife, so as soon as a saw an avatar I jumped on their back, slit their throat and stole their gun.

Everyone I saw who wasn't dad, mom, spider, or my sisters I shot.

When my gun ran out of bullets, three humans and a human in a large metal suit started to surround me. I stayed hidden behind a wall but they were moving in on me.

"Mom," I called out in a loud voice. And held my knife tightly before turning to get a better view of the people coming at me, at first they didn't notice me so I took my chance and threw my knife at the one in the metal suit, and hoped mom would show up and take the other ones out before they got too close.

When they saw the knife connect with the man's chest they all shot towards me.

I crouched down and saw mom jumping from above. She knocked one guy down with her bow and probably killed him with the force she put on it. She brought her bow quickly across to one guy's chest and slammed him aside. The last one had his gun pointed at her and was ready to shoot but mom spun around, wrapped her bowstring around his neck and snapped it.
Then threw him into the one she knocked aside, she stabbed him just to make sure he was dead. She showed no mercy to the people who killed her son and nearly killed me.

I stood up and came out as one guy aimed his gun at me and shot it, mom stabbed him and growled daring anyone to take her on, with wild eyes.

"Mom," I said weakly, noticing something on the left side of my abdomen. "I've been shot."

I started to feel the intense pain and my knees collapsed, I put a hand on it to stop the bleeding.

She ran over to me and her face was suddenly shocked and terrified, not one thing on this planet or any planet would ever scare my mother, except losing her children.

She held the wound and I knew it wasn't quite too bad, I wouldn't die- not right away at least.

"I'll be okay," I told her. "Go help dad before he's not okay."

Her face was hard, and she knew what she had to do.

I stumbled to the bridge to look for first aid, and saw a box in a glass case on the wall. I smashed it with my fist and took the box out, I grabbed a wrap and started to put it around my waist. It would slow the bleeding but not heal it completely.

I stumbled out as fast as I could to see mom holding spider to a knife with Quaritch holding Kiri to a knife.

I walked out behind dad and took hold of Tuk's hand.

Mom picked her knife up and screeched like she was going to stab spider.

"No!" Yelled Quaritch. He moved his knife off of Kiri's neck. When mom looked threateningly at Quaritch he pushed Kiri forward and she fell on her hands and knees. I took a step forward but dad put an arm up to hold me back and grabbed Kiri himself.