Human or animal

Oliver never barely barked, growled, or rarely made any noise at all. He sat on furniture like a human would. Oliver had small brown eyes closer to a humans eyes than my other dogs. I often wondered if he was a human in disguise. Perhaps a skinwalker.
     I let out the dogs maybe 2 hours after they eat. I don't go outside with them often because of the temperature. They can handle themselves in our fenced off backyard anyhow.
     After letting Amber and Albus back inside, I heard my mother knocking on the back door to get Oliver's attention. She turned to me and declared, "They're not out there." I explained to my mother that I had brought Albus and Amber in, and it was just Oliver out there.
     Oliver really likes being outside, always out there longer than my other dogs. It's no surprise he's doing the same thing today. I tell my mother that you have to go out there to bring that old boy in.
     I go outside to bring Oliver in as I have done so many times before. I open the door and set foot on the patio and call out for my dog. He doesn't come right away, so I move to the grass. I spot his tubby white body lying against the house. I call out for Oliver once more, and he slowly gets up.
     I take a step back as I take in Oliver's appearance. Somehow, his skin seems loose or baggy around on his face, but mostly his eyes. It was as if he had eyebags like he never slept in all of his years of life. I looked in his brown eyes and saw something human in them. I saw deep hurt and regret in a way dogs don't usually have.
     I felt concerned and scared about his appearance. I knew deep down something was seriously wrong with Oliver. I decided to just turn around and lead Oliver inside. I shrugged it off as Oliver just waking up from a nap. I never made it to the door.