Day 1

I wake up in the oddly comfortable bed that was placed to the side of the chamber. The scientist greets me through the speakers.
    "You've made it to day 1!" The scientist exclaims "Breakfast will be given to you momentarily, please be patient!"
    A few moments later I hear a loud beep and a small compartment to the side of the chamber opens, revealing 2 eggs, some carrots and a carton of milk. I take the trey, also examining the inside of the compartment. I see a long conveyor belt that leads to a small room.
    I walk back to my bed and sit on it with my breakfast, starting to eat. The food is a bit cold but it's whatever. I left my milk to the side due to it smelling sour. I lay back down and stare at the ceiling.
    I think to myself "Why did I do this to myself" Still staring at the window. What did I get myself into? Is this even legal?
    I stand up and walk to the sink, forming a cup like shape with both of my hands and filling them up, then splashing my water in my face. For some reason I think it'll help my sanity last longer. It's only the first day in this hell spawn, how hard is this gonna get? I mean, the chamber is alright. It has my name on the bed. "Aether (99)." That's pretty cool I guess.
    I stare at the mirror over the sink. An ordinary man, 24 hours ago living a normal life stares back at me. My whole life has changed in so little time. My whole life, isn't whole anymore. I'm missing something. Maybe it's the fact I am going to miss out so many years of my life, due to some stupid experiment.
    Stupid experiment.
    Stupid scientists.
    Stupid science!
    What does this have to do with science anyway? This is more psychology than science.
    When did this become a science experiment? I'm already making things up in my head. Am I?
    Let's just sleep this whole thing out. That'll help.
    I climb into my bed, dimming the lights. I know sleep won't really help. I'm just trying to trick myself.