Farewell

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT

Aerion made his way through the Red Keep, and into the courtyard just as the sun was revealing itself, he spotted Rhaenyra near to the stables, stroking the mare of a fine black stallion, wearing her usual riding leathers when riding upon her she-dragon, Syrax.

The prince had already taken her for a ride of his own the night before, taking the place of Laenor in the famous bedding ceremony, and even made the poor man watch before he could even think of making his leave.

The princess's hair was thrown back in a knot, and while she always made sure to look elegant, Aerion had decided upon a simple white tunic and a pair of black trousers, with boots to match, his sword dangling from its usual place on his belt.

He made his way over to Rhaenyra, placing his hand on her lower back.

"You look beautiful as ever, Princess, you must let me in on your secret of how you manage to look more like a goddess with each passing day." he smirked, removing his hand as the stablemaster brought out another horse.

Its hair was white as the northern snow, and its mare draped down its long neck, one could almost be blinded looking at it. Aerion ran his hand across its back and turned to Rhaenyra.

"I know you have a horse of your own, but I thought you may enjoy this one.. As a gift before you are set to leave, so at least now, you have another horse for when you return to King's Landing." Rhaenyra explained.

"He is very handsome, princess, does he have a name?" Aerion asked.

"No, he had only just arrived from High Garden, and is free for you to name him yourself." she smiled, and Aerion wanted nothing more than to kiss her, though refrained from it until they were alone.

He assisted the princess as she pulled herself up onto the horse, making herself comfortable in the saddle, and holding the reins.

"Well... what should we name you, boy?" he said, stroking around the muzzle. There was a long pause as he thought "Frost" he finally answered, for it was what the horse reminded him of from home, the snow atop the highest peak of the mountains, shining just as bright.

Aerion stroked along the horse's back, to which it was startled for a moment, though he awaited until it was calm once again before lifting himself up onto the saddle, resting easily into it. He had experience riding horses in the Vale, which was expected of him as a Knight of the Vale.

"A fine name." she grinned "Now, let us leave this place before one of my father's kingsguard decides it is their duty to protect me from the dangers of the Kingswood."

Her horse set off quickly as she tugged at the reins, kicking the horse with her heel, and Aerion followed after her.

They travelled south of King's Landing along the Rose Road, many traders travelled along the route back and forth from the Reach to buy and sell their wares. They came across a trader standing beside a broken-down carriage, the wares scattered across the ground.

"You there! Would you be so kind as to help me?" the older man said, attempting to lift up the single sack of grain that remained.

Aerion dropped down from the horse, and held his hand out to Rhaenyra before she could do the same, gesturing for her to stay put.

"What happened?" Aerion asked.

"Bandits! That is what, boy, if you can not see." the man did not start off their interaction on a good note, though Aerion understood the outrage and allowed the disrespect "Come.. come, help me already, place it on the back of my horse." he said, practically throwing the sack into his hands.