.one.

His small, leather clad feet hit the darkened concrete with a quiet 'thud'.
The petit man pulled at the leg of his slacks on either side to prevent the fabric from making contact with the wet cement, meanwhile, struggling to retrieve his briefcase from his small, red Toyota.

He felt so out of place, surrounded by all these larger, expensive looking vehicles.

Drops hit the exposed skin of his neck, sending a shiver down the delicate man's spine as he wrapped his large peacoat further around himself. He hurriedly pushed the car door closed and locked it with his set of keys, before quickly padding up the sidewalk to the large double doors, all the while being pelted with rain drops.

Once in the dry comfort of the building, shivers racking his body, he grabbed the spectacles from his face, drying them with a napkin he had retrieved from the front pocket of his loose fitting trousers.

Just as he slid the dark frames onto his face, he swiped the bottom of his shoes against the mat clad hallway before heading further into the vacant building, in search of the main office, running his hand through his damp, feathery hair.

The man roamed down hallway after hallway, the school slowly filling with students dressed in matching uniforms. Scratching at his arm, he attempted to gain the courage to ask for directions.

"Mr. Tomlinson?" a loud voice boomed as a small woman dressed in a royal blue pants suit and brown curly hair approached him.

Apparently the voice belonged to her, Louis slightly taken aback.

"Yes?" he cringed at how small his voice sounded, barely over a whisper.

"Ms. Palamara," she held her manicured hand out for Louis to shake, his larger hand engulfing her smaller one, a small grin covering her symmetrical features.

"We spoke on the phone, yes? The principle?" Louis confirmed, recognizing the voice from the many phone calls they'd shared, bringing his hand back to his side.

The woman nodded, "That would be me. I'll show you to your classroom," she smiled, leading Louis down the hall and up a small flight of stairs.

They stopped in front of a tall door, the window covered by the white blinds clad to the opposite side.

"This is the best classroom we have available so I hope it suits you." Louis nodded as Ms. Palamara unlocked the dark wooden door, handing him a small bronze key before pushing the door open and leading him inside.

Following behind the woman into the room, he took a look around, expecting the gray darkness of the classrooms he'd always been in during his time in high school, unexpectedly coming across a large, brightly lit room with a bay window looking out over the school's courtyard.

Lifting his briefcase to the large oak desk towards the front, he found his hands trailing along the smooth wood in awe. As he rounded the piece of furniture and stood before the window, he smoothed out his pants and took a seat in the plush chair.

"T-this is amazing," Louis gasped, looking up to the ceiling and noticing a stained glass skylight.

"Woah," he breathed, receiving a chuckle from Ms. Palamara, who he'd forgotten was in the room.

"Class starts in about fifteen so just give me a ring if you need anything," she smiled before leaving Louis to himself in his new classroom.

A small smile slipped onto his face as he took in the sight of the beautiful room he'd be teaching in. The whole left wall was a green chalkboard and there were at least thirty desks, each withholding two black chairs under their wood exterior. It reminded him of a science lab, a class he had always despised.

Louis slowly approached the chalkboard and grabbed a piece of the yellow chalk before writing out 'Mr. Tomlinson' in his neat penmanship. Signing, he set the object back down, returning to his desk, his right hand covered in a faint powder.

A few students entered the room as Louis began removing the contents of his briefcase, in search of another napkin.

The faint laugher brought his attention to them, otherwise they would have gone unnoticed by Mr. Tomlinson, who was focused on preparing the day's lesson plan. He felt his cheeks burn as he looked up, a group of girls giggling and looking over at him, all clad in matching maroon blazers and skirts.

"Good morning, ladies."

More giggles erupted throughout the room. Louis looked down at his papers, removing his class schedule from a dark blue folder, attempting to ignore the girls.

His first period was a year nine class, which explained the immature girls. Louis relished in the fact that this would be his only year nine class, never particularly comfortable with younger students.

Once the bell had rang, the rest of the class piled in, filling nearly every seat. Louis rose from his desk after adjusting his tie, preparing for a long day ahead of him.

The rest of his day would be spent teaching upperclassmen, which Louis was thrilled, yet nervous to be doing. He was only a few years older than the students that would be in his classes.

Louis sat at his desk, chewing his nails in anticipation. How did he expect these students to listen to him?

Year twelves rolled through the door as the bell rang throughout the school. Pushing his glasses further up his face, Louis stood from his chair, walking to the door and closing it firmly behind him.

The students were in groups talking amongst themselves as Louis walked to the front, attempting to get his class started.

"Hey," Louis said firmly, grabbing the students' attention. "Good afternoon, I'm Mr. Tomlinson and I'll be your English teacher for the remainder of this school year."

Just as he finished, his classroom door swung open, a student making his way through. Louis observed that he was dressed in a white button up with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and black skinny jeans showing off every inch of his long legs.

His shoulder length chestnut hair flowed behind him as he took a seat in the back of the classroom, a smug look covering his defined features.

"Do you have a pass?" Louis asked sternly, walking around to the new student's desk, placing his hands on his hips.

"Do you?" the student retorted, a smirk on his face as he crossed his arms, the muscles bulging through his white shirt, tattoos visible.

Louis then looked into the piercing green of the student's eyes. Blue meeting green in an enraged stare.

Louis was taken aback by the boy's remark, cowering at the sternness of his voice, as if he were the student.

He turned around, to return to the front of the class when he felt a sharp slap to his back side. Louis' cheeks reddened as he turned to the disruptive student.

"T-that is completely inappropriate!" Louis stuttered out, noticing the smirk on the student'a face. "Office now!"

The green eyed boy pushed himself up from his desk, towering over the small teacher. He leaned down to Louis' ear.

"Nice bum," he whispered, the student's voice low and raspy, seductively sending a chill through Louis' body, before exiting the room.

Louis breath hitched, his face the color of a tomato as the boy left his classroom.

"Who i-is that boy?" his shaky voice asked the class, who were all watching the encounter.

"That'd be Harry Styles," a student towards the front replied.