Chapter 7

TW // su!c!d3 thoughts

At midnight, my brain kept nagging me. Kept telling me to join Earla in heaven. I tried to ignore it, but no matter what I did, my brain did not listen.

I threw on a hoodie and exited my.house. The wind was strong during the night, but I didn't care. I made my way across the street to Kevin's house and walked around the house. I looked for a room with him in it and knocked on the window.

I saw him open his eyes and glare over at me.

He opened the window and whispered, "Elli do you have any time it is?!"

"No, but I have an idea that ai almost murdered myself in my bedroom before remembering 'Hey! I should totally tell Kevin goodbye even if he completely doesn't care!'."

"Elli, stop," he said, serious, "I already lost Mizo, I'm not losing you, too."

I scoffed, "Says the guy that wishes I never moved here I the first place! So... goodbye!"

"Elli, stop-"

I could see his mom open the bedroom door, interrupting Kevin. We both looked at the doorway and saw her standing there in her pajamas.

"Tyler, what is- who's that?"

"Oh, lord..." Kevin pinched his nose bridge.

"So?" his mom repeated, "Who is she?"

"S-Sorry, Mrs. Nelson," I stuttered, "I-I was just telling Tyler goodbye. I-"

"I didn't ask why you were here, I asked to know who you are. I could care less why you're here."

"She's Elli, Mom," Kevin butted in.

"Wait, but I thought she was an online friend."

Is that all I am to you, Kevin? An online friend?

"Well, she was..." he replied.

"Wait, Elli," Mrs. Nelson turned to me, "what do you mean goodbye? Are you moving?"

"Perhaps," I answered, "moving to heaven."

"Heaven?" she questioned.

I turned to Kevin, "Yeah. Goodbye."

I turned away and started to make my way back to my house before I heard Kevin jump out of the window. He grabbed my arm and we faced each other again.

"Elli," he said, trying to keep me in his grip. He held tightly. "Elli, wait."

I pushed him and ran faster to my house. I quickly entered it as I heard him groan loudly.

The next day was Tuesday. Day 2. No math.

I entered my 4th period class, Biology 2, and walked over to my desk beside Fabian and sat down.

"Hi, Fab," I smiled, greeting him.

"Uh...hi?"

"Uh...hi?" I mocked him.

Kevin entered class a few seconds afterwards and spedwalked to the seat beside me. He leaned over to my ear and whispered, "You are so lucky. You worried me all night and all day-"

Suddenly, Earla entered the classroom.

Someone pinch me.

"Uh...I'm new..." was all I heard before my body involuntarily ran over to her and hugged her.

"You're alive!" I cried, "You're alive..."

She nodded, "Yeah, but I said I died si I could surprise you here!"