Chapter 1- The Sorting

Today is finally the day! Father is finally letting me go to the wizard school, Hogwarts! I have been waiting for this moment my entire 14 years of life!

I was quite a troublemaker growing up, and my father couldn't stand me. My father is Lucius Malfoy, and he decided when I turned 11 that instead of going to the normal wizard school, to send me to some fancy muggle boarding school for 3 very long years. 

The school sent me home this year saying that there was nothing "wrong" with me to be sent to the troubled kids boarding school. They said I was different from the other kids.

Father didn't like the idea of me coming home, but since I had come home, Mother told him to let me go with my brother, Draco, to Hogwarts.

Father never says no to Mother, so he reluctantly let me go. So now, I am currently on the train to Hogwarts, exploding with tons of excitement.

"Can you please calm down Melody?"
Draco told me in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry! I just can't wait!" I replied.

We were in a compartment all alone, and Draco was not in the mood to talk. I hadn't seen him in over a year since last summer, and he didn't even care. It was like he didn't even miss me at all!
That was all right, though. I was finally on my way to Hogwarts!

I looked out the window to see the train tracks that were behind us that we passed, and hills of green. Windmills filled empty spaces on the green grass hills, and so did farmhouses. We entered into tunnels inside of mountains and forests filled with trees. I was smiling the entire time.

There was a knock on the compartment door.
Draco sighed. "Don't make a fool out of me, please.".

Draco stood up and opened the door.
"What's up, guys?" I heard Draco say.

"Nothing much, mind if we sit with you and your..." an unfamiliar voice said.

"Just my annoying sister." Draco grumbled.

He moved out of the way and sat back down across from me. I watched as 4 guys, and a girl squished in. I recognized the one sitting next to Draco. He was in the Daily Prophet a while ago for opening the Chamber of Secrets.

It was Tom. Tom Riddle.

How was he still here at the magic school after what he pulled? I thought he would have for sure been expelled.

I pushed those thoughts away away and looked around at everyone. They were all in their own little conversations. Except for one.

I caught the boy's eye. He had curly brown hair and the most dreamy chocolate brown eyes. They almost looked black

I quickly looked away, I hated holding eye contact for too long. He was kind of cute, though. I shook my head, I could not be catching feelings on my first day.

I looked around and noticed on the girl sitting in the corner looking at her nails. They were painted a dark black, and her fingers had 3 rings on them, I recognized one of them.

The girl had the ring Father had given Draco when he turned 11. It was a silver snake with a beautiful emerald in the middle.

"Hey, isn't that your ring, Draco?" I blurted out.

The whole compartment went quiet.
Draco glared at me.
The girl scoffed, "Yeah, he gave it to me because I'm his girlfriend. Gosh, you're his sister. How do you not know?".

All eyes were on me, and Draco looked furious.

"I-uh- haven't seen Draco in a while." I said while managing a slight awkward smile.