Chapter 2- Hufflepuff???

Hufflepuff? You've got to be kidding me.
How in the wizard world did I get Hufflepuff? I'm a Malfoy, for goodness sake! My entire family is Slytherin! Oh no, oh no, oh no no no! Father is going to kill me! He'll definitely get me sent right back home and to that awful muggle boarding school. I can not let that happen!
I sat in the chair frozen while everyone just stared at me.
No one clapped. Not even the Hufflepuff table.
They probably didn't want a Malfoy in their house.
I glanced over at the Slytherin table with the hat still on my head. I noticed Draco. He was staring at me with a look of hatred. It made me feel awful.
To the side of him was Mattheo. He surprisingly didn't look mad. He looked sad and even sympathetic.
Ha! Mattheo Riddle? The Mattheo Riddle, being sympathetic? He's on the bad side for bloody goodness sake.
It felt like I had sat there forever just staring at Draco and Mattheo, regretting everything.
Why did I not get Slytherin?
I heard someone cough from behind me.
It was Professer McGonagall looking at me through her circular glasses.
"Melody, you can sit at your house table now." She said.
Her eyes were pointed to the Hufflepuff table.
I stood up and turned in the opposite direction of the Slytherin table. My gaze turned to the Hufflepuffs. I swear I saw Harry Potter with his mouth hanging open in the corner of my eye. The guy better be shocked after he gave me sh!t on the train.
The Hufflepuffs were dressed in yellow and black ties and badges with badgers on them, except for the 1st years, who barely got sorted into Hufflepuff.
They all looked mildly worried and surprised. Some even looked scared.
I looked around the table looking for an open spot everywhere was full, and when I found a spot, the person scooted over and gave me a dirty look.
I thought Hufflepuff's were supposed to be kind? I mean, I guess I don't blame them since the reputation my family has built here probably has them all terrified of me or hating me.
I saw another open spot and tried to sit. They moved over, covering the opening again. This was embarrassing. Nobody wanted me to sit next to them, and I was standing awkwardly in the middle of the Great Hall.
I was beginning to wish I was at my boarding school. It was better than this monstrosity. I hated being in situations like this, I just hated it.
I wanted to die right then and there.
Right then, a brown haired boy in a Hufflepuff robe stood up. I won't lie. He was handsome, really handsome.
He smiled at me.
He spoke. "You can sit next to me."
I began to smile.
Finally! Someone let me sit next to them! I was going to be out of this h3ll time.
I walked over to him and sat down. Just looking at this guy made me get nervous.
"Uhm. I guess let the feast begin!". Dumbledore yelled.
I guess everyone's eyes had been on me. That made me feel 10 times better! Kidding.
After Dumbledore had yelled that the feast shall begin, magnificent food started to appear on plates all over the table.
There was so much food, and I was starving.
After that disaster, I think I deserved to stuff my face as much as I wanted.
There were crispy chicken legs, and I grabbed 5 of them. I love food so much, and the boarding school food did not compare at all to these chicken legs.
I was in food heaven.
I stuffed my face.
Every single bite of those chicken legs was amazing. I think I had brought attention to myself by stuffing my mouth with chicken.
There were at least 6 pairs of eyes on me.
"Uhm. Sorry." I mumbled and grabbed a napkin to wash the leftover crumbs off my lips.
I heard the handsome boy next to me laugh.
"Were you going to starve to death?". He teased.
I gotta admit his smile was contagious.
"No!" I said as a smile appeared on my face. "I haven't had food like this for months!".
"And why is that?" The boy asked with curiosity.
"Uhh. I-"
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's not my business anyway." He said.
I smiled slightly and giggled a bit.
"No, no, it's okay!" I replied.
The boy pushed his hair out of his eyes and began scooping a bit of mashed potatoes onto his plate.
"I went to a muggle boarding school before I came here, and they had the most horrible food ever." I told him.
"Why did you go to a muggle school?" The boy asked while taking a bite of his mashed potatoes.
"Uhm, well, Father sent me to a muggle school because he uh- couldn't exactly stand me." I answered.
His eyes looked at me frantically.
"What? Stand you? But you seem so sweet already." Said the boy.
I blushed a bit.
"Haha, thanks. I wasn't the perfect child like Draco was. I guess he just wanted his favorite child around and to get rid of me..."
The guy looked at me with sadness. I could tell he felt bad.
"I'm sorry, but if it makes you feel better, you are nothing like your family, I can already tell." He told me.
I smiled, I never really liked my family. They weren't good people, so maybe it was good. I was different from them.
"The name's Cedric, by the way, Cedric Diggory." Cedric held out his hand for me to shake.
I shook it.
"Melody, Melody Malfoy."

...

The feast had eventually come to an end, and I had already become closer with Cedric. He was super sweet and was 2 grades above me. He was 17.
"That was delicious! Best meal I have ever had, and I'm not kidding!" I exclaimed.
I rubbed my stomach, and Cedric let out a chuckle.
"Get used to it. You won't have to eat garbage here." He said
I smiled and noticed Draco's blond hair in the corner of my eye and stood up.
"I'm sorry, I'll see you later, kay?"
Cedric began to say okay, but I was out of there as quickly as possible.
Draco was walking with the people I had met only a few hours ago, the Slytherin gang.
Cedric had tole me how Draco was part of the Slytherin gang. They always pick on people and get what they want. That, of course, didn't surprise me. Draco acted like a d!#* at home, too, even though I was barely home.
I rushed to catch them.
"Draco! Draco!" I shouted.
Draco turned around.
He rolled his eyes, turned back around, and kept walking. Mattheo looked back too and looked at me. Draco took his arm and pulled him back around. I heard Draco scold him.
"Draco!" I shouted once again and started to run to him.
"WHAT MELODY?" He shouted back but way louder.
"I-I just wanted to talk." I said.
"I don't 'talk' with Hufflepuffs. They are dumb, scared, puny, and pathetic! Just like you." Said Draco.
"Woah Dra-" Mattheo began to say.
"Shut up, Mattheo!" Draco yelled.
The Slytherin gang was laughing.
At me.
I can't believe what Draco just said to me. My own brother, yes, he's a jerk, but he's still my brother.
Mattheo stood there silently in the mist of them.
"So you're just going to stop talking to me just like that? Because I'm a Hufflepuff?" I asked.
Draco snickered.
"You bet. And imagine how Father is going to react when he finds out you got Hufflepuff. Ha!" Draco told me.
I was hurt. I felt a large pain in my chest, and it wasn't going away.
"Hufflepuff HA!" Pansy said. She pointed her finger right at me.
Everyone laughed.
"Pathetic!" I heard Tom say.
I wanted to fight back, but I just couldn't.
"Loser." Enzo said.
Theodore and Mattheo stayed quiet, but Theo was smirking.
Draco stepped forward.
"You're a disgrace to the Malfoy family. Nobody has ever gotten something other than Slytherin, and you got Hufflepuff. You're a mistake." Insulted Draco.
I stood there with a look of shock on my face. I felt a tear go down my cheek. I couldn't believe what Draco and the others were saying. Only a few hours ago, they were like my best friends. Guess I was wrong.
"Draco, I'm you sister. How could you say those things?" I asked.
"You're not my sister anymore."
Mattheo pushed Draco.
"That's enough. Leave her alone!" Mattheo said.
Draco pushed back.
"Get off of me!" Draco exclaimed.
"Leave her alone." Mattheo demanded.
Draco looked at me and rolled his eyes.
"Fine. Let's go guys. She's too pathetic anyways." Draco said.
They began to walk away when Pansy turned back around and shot a spell at me. I went flying into the wall behind me.
I felt my head bang against the wall and everything went white. I heard laughter and footsteps that faded away.
I sat there for 2 minute tops when I heard a pair of footsteps. Everything was swirling around and I couldn't focus.
Someone gasped and ran in my direction.
"Melody! Are you okay?"
It was Cedric.
"Yup, just seeing butterflies!" I said all drowsy.
"I can't believe they did that!" He exclaimed.
He put my head on his knee and everything started to stop swirling.
"Let's go to our common room." He said.
I felt his arms pick me up bridal style. He carried me all the way to the common room and I heard him say something like "loyal badgerton".
"What kind of password is that?" I mumbled quietly.
"I don't know. Now shut up."
I closed my mouth and soon felt a bed beneath me. A blanket went over me, excluding my head of course.
I heard a lightswitch and everything went dark.
I was out before I could take a look around.