Marks.

Red winced as he sat up, incredibly sore and worn out. Everything blurred as he stumbled to the bathroom. Turning on his light after fumbling around in the dark was not fun, but he needed to see. He got the shower running before combing a hand through his hair. Once he got the shower over with, he found his way downstairs for food. His mind was racing trying to think of the previous day. But of course, all he could recover was a typical day that felt like it was on repeat. The only thing he knew was different was the fact a few instances. After getting cereal, he grabbed his hat, bag and pokeballs, which were in their normal spot. His mind questioned it, but he waved it off before leaving.

~

"Morning Red."

"Morning Green-"

He rubbed his face as he sat down, trying to get the tiredness out. Green chuckled as Blue joined them.

"You look like a demon fought you last night."

"Wouldn't know." Blue yawned lightly.

"Have you guys seen Yellow?" Red gave this look.

"I just got here-" Green sighed.

"I've been here for the last 2 hours. I have not seen her." Red stared at him.

"2? Why are you up that early?" It was Green's turn to look at him funny.

"Red, did you check the time when you got up?" Red studied him before he pulled out his phone to check. Oh- Green wasn't up as some ungodly hour. He was up late- he blinked twice before rubbing his face. Blue frowned.

"You've been like this the whole week. Are you ok?" Red thought about it before she shook her head. "Never mind. You shouldn't be thinking that hard." Red shook his head, hoping to clear the fogginess. "Well, Yellow didn't answer. So I thought she was already here."

"Sadly not. She might still be asleep or wandering the forest."

"Valid."

~

Red yawned as he and Green entered the lab to check in on Daisy. She waved as Green got on his lab coat.

"Remind me what I got tasked with?"

"You can either feed the pokemon or look into the test results from last week." He nodded as he went over to the filing system. Red smiled as he rubbed his neck. She chuckled. "Have you been sleeping well?" He gave the look he gave earlier before Green answered her.

"Probably not. He's been like that for a week."

"Hush, Oakie boy. I took you out once, I'll do it again." Green looked unfazed as another yawn escaped Red. The female Oak hummed before pressing a hand against his head.

"No fever... you don't look sick..." He rubbed his face as she lurked around him, pausing as she got behind him. "A bruise... interesting..." Green paused as he set down the file he had out and joined. Red wasn't paying attention, so they drifted off into conversation.

"Bruise?" She nodded as she moved his collar, revealing the purpleish-blueish mark.

"This doesn't look like just one... almost like someone repeatedly struck him over the course of a couple days." Green paused.

"He's been acting like this for a week... getting up really late, being exhausted throughout the day, practically vanishing early into the night..." He paused as he grabbed Red's arm to steady him. "Someone's been attacking him?" She hummed as she guided the champion over to a chair.

"I don't know." She sat him down as he slowly drifted off. "Let's let him rest here and then we'll see in the morning.

~

In the morning, Red was looking a lot better. He was a little sore from sleeping in the chair and hadn't changed, but he was a lot more alive than the past week. Green hummed as Red went home to change and shower.

"Something's not adding up."

"How do you figure?"

"I'm wondering if it's because of the events of last week. I know he told me two days ago that everything felt like a blur and he looked out of it. But today nothing happened?" She hummed as they snuck a look out the window. Red was looking for his keys (which were in his jacket pocket). He seemed puzzled that they weren't in his bag before Pika had to get out of his pokeball and pull them out of his pocket.

"You're right. And now he's catching up. I wonder why..."