Chapter 53

Liv's POV:

I thought my day couldn't get any worse. Yet, now she's her. Someone who I don't even know is an enemy anymore.

Because there is so much mixed feelings that I have about her that I can't make a name for it.

I can't choose if I hate her or I like her. She's like a virus, I can't escape her.

"Your just going to ignore my entire existence?" She whispers as the elevator starts to move.

Don't respond.
Don't respond.
Don't res-

"If I can help it, yes" I really want her to stop.

"I..." she breathes out and presses the stop button. I lean against the wall as she leans against the other wall.

"I'm missing class-"

"No. Let me talk, please" she breathes out as she clenched her jaw. Somehow, I could tell something was wrong. Her eyes seemed sad. Like she has had the most tiring day of her life.

"I didn't ask for this... I didn't know that Maddy..."

It was like it was a sin for her to say love. I know love isn't her strongest attribute but she can at least try to acknowledge that she has no right to act like her wanting Maddy was not a part of her plan.

"Is that, why you slept with me? And kept kissing me, so you could make me what? Huh? Fall in love with you so you could have easier access to Maddy?" I couldn't help but take a step closer as her nose flares up a little and her hands clench against the handle.

It was like she couldn't be around me. Like I had control over her or was it just guilt because I confronted her about her true self?

"Is that what you think of me? After everything... that what happened between us was an act?" Her eyes gazed at me and I felt my legs tremble.

It doesn't matter, what I think. It's pointless to even care if it was an act. It was a mistake. She said it herself.

She motions her hand onto her shirt slightly gripping it before moving her shirt up. I still see the light brown bruise on her rib but it's healing.

"It was real... to me" she whispered as every single moment from that night kept racing back. Every single touch, how her lips felt against ever part of my skin, and how her eyes melted when she saw me naked.

"Then why did you say it was a mistake?"

Before she could respond the bell rings on the elevator as a speaker comes through.

"Is everything okay in there?" He asked as I clicked the button to unstop. "Yeah, clicked on it by accident. Won't happen again" I didn't give her a second glance as we both made it to the our floor.

We both made it to our first lecture and i never looked at her again. Nothing left was said on her end as she sat in a different seat and so did I.

The entire lecture all I could feel was her stare. Her stare stabbed against my skin but when I take a glance at her. She doesn't look at me.

I head out and rush to my next classes. I try to erase her words all class periods but I couldn't.

Why did she say it was real? Why did she keep pushing? And why did I feel this strange mix of anger and wanting to just kiss her?

I try to focus on the lecture, but my thoughts keep drifting back to Torrey. It's like she's infiltrated every corner of my mind, refusing to leave me in peace.

Why does she keep trying? She has Maddy... what does she want from me?

Why can't she just let me heal and try to put down these feelings that I can't seem to erase.

"Liv where have you been?" I get greeted by a hug from Olivia as she whispered. "Ohh, you've been busy"Mackenzie chuckles as I see her eye my hickey. Shit I forgot to put concealer.

I rush to our side of the room as we all seat down. I am in the middle and I could feel their stares at me.  "So who's the special someone?" Mackenzie asked and I would tell them it was no one but they wouldn't believe due to the obvious mark.

And I can't tell them who it actually came from because well...she's going to be my step- sister which makes everything way more complicated.

But they were my friends and I shouldn't feel ashamed to tell them. So I told them.

Minutes passed longer then I expected when telling the entire story but I left some things out of course but it didn't stop them from leaving their mouths open. They exchanged glances, clearly shocked.

"So... who's better in bed?" Olivia smirked as I couldn't believe what she was saying.

"Olivia-" Mackenzie chuckled.

"But.. telling from the mark... it's Torrey" Olivia whispered as I couldn't object since... it was true.

GOD, what is wrong with me?

I cuddle in embarrassment as they just laugh and cuddle me in. "Liv... don't feel bad. It's obvious that you and Torrey have something and maddy- may I add is a bitch and she didn't deserve that" Mackenzie said and it was weird hearing someone say something, that I didn't want to hear.

Me and Torrey... do have something. That is more then sexual. And that's scary.

"The wedding is in two months last time I checked and she's with Maddy now" I wipe my eyes as I feel a tear fall "I just need a break"

I hear a notification come from Olivia's phone as she brightens her phone and I see a message.

Nick🤡: You coming to the party tonight?

And there my day just got a little bit better. I almost forgot she was friends with Nicklaus. "Liv, there's another party from Nick tonight and I want you to come... I want you to enjoy yourself. Do you want-"

"YES.. I mean I would like that. Thank you" I smiled at her as she smiled and immediately started to text away.