Chapter 3: Redrum

Chapter 3: Redrum

3 days before the Purge
Somewhere in the Atlantic

Cora sat next to her father, listening to the diplomatic leaders speak.

"You'll need to know this one day, before you become the Queen." He had told her, petting her soft curls, "My little Queen."

As she sat in the uncomfortable chair next to him, she couldn't help but notice the way Orvax was looking at her. He spoke to her father with a calm tone, but looking at her she noticed the fury in his eyes. The darkness.

"Your people have lived here long enough, Koran." He said, looking back to her father, "My people demand an answer, they just want peace."

"You speak of peace like it's something you can throw around." Cora spoke, narrowing her eyes at the Atlantean leader. His gaze shifted to one of anger, "You make it seem like your people are controlling your every move. Why is that?"

She leaned forward over the table, crossing her hands together, "Your people mean nothing to us, all we want is to live in harmony. Beg the ocean for peace."

Orvax let out a harsh laugh, a fake laugh, "You're letting children speak for you now? What a leader you are."

He stood up, "If your people cannot be persuaded, then Atlantis has no choice but to declare war."

He stood up quickly, his chair tipping over as he did. He snatched his trident from where it stood, and he walked towards her. His boots hit the ground with a mighty thud, and he stopped in front of her leaning close. With one finger he traced her chin, grabbing it roughly, dragging her forward.

"Watch your tone little girl, I am a King." He spat, digging his nails into her skin.

"Kings fall," she whispered back, gritting her teeth, "I'll knock that disgusting piece of metal off of your head, and I'll watch your kingdom burn."

He let out a small grunt, and let her free. He turned to her father, shifting his weight as his blonde hair swirled around him in the water.

"Atlantis is declaring war on the Kingdom of Necrus, we will give you one week to get your affairs in order, and then we attack."

Koran stood angrily, "You have no right."

"You've brought this upon yourself, you and that demon you call a child." Orvax spoke, "One week or you will burn."

———————————————————
Cora woke harshly, panting as she could feel the heat of her memory burning into her mind. She placed a hand on her chest, slowing her heart as her gaze flicked rapidly around her surroundings. The ship seemed to have slowed, and she looked forward to see Orm peeking back at her. When she caught his gaze, he turned forwards, and she tilted her head in confusion.

What was that about? She thought to herself.

"You alright back there?" Arthur asked, snapping her out of her thoughts, turning his head to look at her.

"Yeah," she mumbled, rubbing her palms across her face, "Just lost in thought."

Her skin felt itchy, as if a fire was ignited under her skin, and she slowly scratched her side, noticing some blood on her fingertips.

"Clear your head, cuz we're here." He said, smiling a toothy grin in her direction.

"And where is here, exactly?" She asked, leaning between the seats to get a better glimpse at the sight in front of them. Orm tensed up beside her, and she raised her eyebrow at him. He narrowed his eyes at her, and she looked forward.