Chapter 11: Take Me Back to Eden

⚠️ THERE IS MINOR SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER. If you are not comfortable reading it skip closer to the end after her coronation :) ⚠️

19:00 hours
Kingdom of Necrus

Cora stood in front of a full length mirror, dressed in her gown. The blue material wrapped around her, billowing out around her ankles. Her hands were pressed against her chest, nerves hammering in her stomach. Her hair was tied back, and her fingers were adorned with various rings.

A knock sounded behind her, and she turned to see Arthur standing there. A small smile graced his lips, and he walked into the room. His armor shimmered in the light, and the tide carried his hair delicately. He stood next to her, a proud look on his face.

"You look beautiful, Cora," he mumbled, wiping a tear from his eye, just before it washed away.

"I'm scared Arthur," she replied, her lips quivering, "I'm so scared."

He placed a gentle hand on her back, rubbing it slightly, "Ruling is hard, but you're the most stubborn girl I know. And I married one of those."

They both laughed and his face turned serious.

"You're what this kingdom needs, they haven't known peace for so long."

She nodded, "I suppose you're right."

He held out a hand to her, and she gracefully accepted it, "Shall we?"

They walked out of her room, and down the hallway. She ran her free hand across the shining walls, the sea glass cooling her fingertips. As they walked higher, the water warmed, and slowly they reached a space where there was no water at all.

Eventually they reached the end of the hallway, and stopped in front of the double doors. Trumpets announced her arrival, and a few guards opened the doors. The crowd inside stood as she paused in the doorway, hands shaking. Arthur left her side, walking to where Mera stood beside the throne. Cora slowly stepped forward, palms sweating, and made her way down the long aisle way. As she made her way up the front she caught the smiles of her people, and her nerves subsided. She caught Orm's eye, and he nodded gently to her, love evident in his gaze. She stopped before the throne, Nereus standing with her crown in his hand. She knelt to the ground, and his voice rang out amongst the crowd.

"Do you, Coralia Maya Alena Al Ghul promise to uphold and protect the kingdom of Necrus until your final breath?"

"I do," she replied, confidently.

"Do you promise to bring peace to the kingdom, and unite the seven kingdoms once more?"

"I do," she nodded, her dress itching her skin.

Nereus nodded, raising her crown in the air, "Then I pronounce you queen of Necrus, until death."

He set her crown on her head, helping her stand and face her people, silence falling over the crowd.

"I give you Queen Coralia of Necrus, first of her line, the siren of the seas!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd, and she bowed to her people, grinning from ear to ear. The applause was thunderous, and she looked amongst her people to see Orm happiest of all. She tilted her head, beaming at him, tears of joy beading in her eyes.

Nereus leaned in to whisper in her ear, "I didn't know what to think when I first met you, but you are stronger than most. I am proud to share the ocean with you, Your Majesty."

"Thank you," she whispered back, placing a gentle hand on his arm. He handed her her ivory trident, and she rubbed her thumb against the cool metal. She turned back to her people, raising it in triumph, cheers erupting once more.