Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Peering through the hallowing windows, a vast display of the cosmos floats amidst the wispy trails of the plasma circles

    Peering through the hallowing windows, a vast display of the cosmos floats amidst the wispy trails of the plasma circles.  Blinding stars shimmer above, dawning the city in a heavenly glow.
      Doe brown eyes flicker to the flourishing city of Remnopia, civilians living with great joy, and so carefree.
   Mae was gnawing on her bottom lip, envy blooming inside. ‘These people benefit from the fruits of our labour. Aren’t they lucky?’ she pondered.

    “Mae!” A gruff voice cried, breaking her from her train of thought and soothing the bubbling anger.
Peeling her eyes away from the window to the small stuffed cream rabbit; appropriately dressed in a yellow and orange vest, dusty pink printed on his cheeks. Giving him a cute stuffy effect. His stern gaze pierced through Mae.

   “The Avvad have called for your presence,” he spoke solemnly.
“Thanks for telling me Aku, ’ she mumbled. A pregnant silence follows, and neither of us desires to state the obvious.
    With a heavy sigh, she expressed, "I'll be sent away again, won't I?" She directed her gaze toward the stuffed toy.

“After what you pulled in, Sentinaty, it’s likely,” he replies.
Mae chuckled dryly, “I was only trying to spice things up a bit, ya know? Having some fun on the job.” Aku stared back with a blank stare.

    “Come on, it was fun making shit explode! You should have seen it, Aku! Vivid lights and colours melding into one another creating such an ombre, hah it was so pretty.” I gushed. Aku shakes his furry head, exasperated,

“As much as I would have loved to see it in person, you still gotta pay the consequences.” He continues, “Although, next time wait till I’m there to see it.” bending down and ruffling his fur making him huff in annoyance,
“Of course, I will, can’t let you miss out on my chaos” she teased, skipping past the aloof plush rabbit.

      Standing before looming golden doors. Blazen and intricate. Automatically, the doors open, and Mae strolls casually inside; their base is beyond anyone’s greatest imagination; a grand display of their prosperity.

      Balls of luminescent light float adrift above, each one a symbol of domains they’ve claimed. Silence befalls the room. It’s deafening.
     Alters looming over her frame seated in each reside in the Avvad, the very perception of God, which walks the mortal plane.
    The rulers of the cosmos, the multiverse. Weaving delicate fabrics of life in a wave from their pristine fingertips. A utopia bestowed upon the blessed beautifully binds them.

      Mae stands in front of the overarching pillars, arms folded firmly across her chest, and gazes at them in agitation.

     “So, where am I headed to now, preferably a nice vacation site,”
  Mae gasped as a thought came to mind, waving her hands in enthusiasm,” I heard that Vshnall has a gorgeous view of the stars!” She giggled.
   The Avvad face one another, a neutral expression painting all their faces.

“Of course not, our sweet child. Have you no shame in suggesting a thing?” The middle one rasped, a scowl contorted on their face. Mae’s cheeky smile turned into a knowing smirk facing the five pillars of darkness.

“Worth a shot.” She quips.

“Dear child, you have dearly disappointed us. Do you not wish to bring a utopia to every corner of the cosmos.” The other calmly proclaimed,

“It is only befitting that you face punishment, a dear child. Do not fret, this time—it will surely prove fruitful,” he mused.
“Sounds like you’re sending me to a death camp,” she groans, shivering slightly in disgust.

    “You are our dearest child, this punishment is for your benefit.” He continues,
“A world of heroes–”

“You better not be sending me to My Hero Academia. I’d kill myself.” Mae interjects quickly. “Shit sorry, I mean…yeah, I’ll learn so much from going there,” she drawls. 
The Avvad glared at the girl, “I simply jest, “Mae chuckled nervously.

“Let us finish. We shall send you to the world of heroes. You must watch over the half-Viltrumite Mark Grayson. You’ll serve as his protector.” They spoke, and a projection of him appeared around the room. The boy looked about her age, probably older; ‘he looks cool, I guess’ she thought.

"So I’m demoted to an over-glorified babysitter now, huh?" she questioned, already over it.
Bouncing on the balls of her feet, she stares at them, stars appearing around her buzzing in annoyance.

   “What am I even protecting him from, anyway? Is there someone after him?” she inquired.
Ignoring her inquiries, they summon the vortex of the violet-misty portal beneath her beaten sneakers.

     A yelp left her plump lips as she cried out profanities at them.

      ✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

I land briefly in an alley with a prominent thud.

“Fuck me in the ass!” I grumbled, rising to my feet in a flurry, and dusting off my ass.

    “Hello, to you too?” A voice piqued behind me, snapping me out of my duper. Whipping my head to see a girl around my age; fluffy brown hair framing her chubby face; freckles dusted her olive skin.

     Providing her with an even more youthful appearance. She cocks her head to the side, observing my rigid movements with great intrigue.

       “Hello?” I muttered. ‘Hope she didn’t see the portal,’ I wondered, facing the girl completely now.

     “Cool portal you came out of…are you an alien?” She interrogated me, her stare pierced my form.
I blink at her owlishly, absolutely perplexed.” You’re supposed to be a little scared, confused even.” I probed, narrowing my brown eyes at the female; prepared to attack at any minor movement.

      “A little. You’re not here to destroy the world or anything, right?” Inching closer towards me, her arms folded firmly across her chest.
       “Of course not, I’m simply here for…vacation? Yeah! My ass is here on a vacation!” I boastfully declared, miniature stars bursting in excitement around my frame.

      “Vacation? Odd, but who am I to judge?” She shrugged and raised her hand in front of me. “The name is Lilly, a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Alien.”

      Glancing down at her outstretched hand before placing my own in hers into a firm handshake, “The pleasures all my mine Ms. Human, call me Mae.” flashing her a small smile.

      Lilly began to depart from me, walking onto the main street, “Hey! Where are you going?” I hollered, running towards her, and gently grasping her shoulder.

     “What? You said you were on vacation, didn’t you? Don’t want to spend your break in an alleyway, do you?” she inquired, a smug smirk tugging at her lips.

    "I like you!" I burst out in deep laughter."You’re going to make this
‘vacation’ worthwhile!” I laughed.

    ✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

Hope you enjoyed the story have a nice day!

Word count 1125