Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

"So you're like an alien, on a mission, to protect someone or whatever, right?" Lilly casually asked, sprawled sluggishly on her queen-sized bed

"So you're like an alien, on a mission, to protect someone or whatever, right?" Lilly casually asked, sprawled sluggishly on her queen-sized bed. I stand before her pacing back and forth deep in thought, fiddling with my fingers anxiously.

"I'm technically not an alien, ya know." I retorted, seizing my movement to glare at Lilly; a blank expression painting her face.

"Still an alien by my standards. Just confirming my theories." she quipped. Groaning in annoyance, I rub my face to cool my frustration.

"Anyways do you know him by any chance, Mark Grayson? Attend school with him?" I questioned, taking a seat beside her lying form.

Piffles, her chubby orange cat grazed my ankles, "You understand me don't you Piffles?" I coo, scratching behind his right ear, and he meows in return. "At least Piffles understands, unlike his owner."

" Hey! I said I have him in my English class-that something ain't it." She huffs, rolling onto her stomach to face me. Rolling my eyes,
" Yeah, yeah, keep watch of him while you're at school for me will ya."
" Hell no! There's no way I'll become a stalker for you!" she screeched, scrambling onto her hands and knees, a prominent scowl painting her delicate features.

"Worth a shot" I muse, a smirk gracing my features.
" I may be higher than any other human but I draw the line at stalking!"
"You're high right now? Wait, wait, that actually would make sense why you're not all freaked out about this."

Pondering for a moment,
"How about a proposition" I propose, arising to my feet, Lilly following suit. "Stalk him, watch him whatever word you wanna use. Just do it for a little while for me, to compensate, I'll fulfill one request, and only one."

"Only one? It could be anything I want, right?"
" Anything you want."
She reflected, " How about a wallet with infinite cash in it"

" You're so real for that," Bursting out in boisterous laughter, Lilly joins along as well. "Alright, alright your wish is my command m'lady," my horrible impression of a genie had us bubbling with laughter.

Stars flickering around me swirled beautifully within the vicinity. Lilly gasped in awe.

A hurdle of them clutters between Lilly and me, materializing into a sleek navy blue wallet with a caricature of Piffles drawn. Lilly launches herself at the adorable wallet, I levitate the wallet higher, "You get the wallet once you promise to watch over him for me."

" I'll watch him! I'll watch him!" She chides, reaching up for the adorable contraption. Chuckling softly I lower the wallet within her reach. Bemused, I watch her dig inside pulling out American dollar bills in hoards.

"You never said you had powers!" Lilly exclaimed, leaning uncomfortably close. Her bushy brows furrowed and a small pout on her lips. I shrug, sitting back on her bed. "thought you'd deduce that from the portal."