𝟎𝟏

a handsome sight.

-

Stood in front of a mirror, (y/n) sighed. You had three separate hangers in your hand;, three separate outfit choices and no idea which one to wear.

"Just wear whatever, its not even that big of a deal.." One of your friends, Akaashi, mumbled from behind you, he was siting on your bed distracted by his phone.

"It is though! You've never invited me to a match before. I'm excited!" You argued, turning back to him as he rolled his eyes.

Akaashi worked as a mechanic for the street racing team; Furokadani. He rarely mentioned it but seemed happy to talk about it and his team. He had plans with you today, but they were interrupted by a sudden race. So he decided to take you with him, instead of just ditching you. You had been bugging him about the races for some time anyways, making him think it was a good opportunity.

"I could always uninvite you.. and it starts in an hour, so we have to leave soon." His voice was monotone as his eyes bore into his screen. Huffing at his statement, you turns back to the different options, weighing out the pros and cons of each one.

"What's the weather gonna be like?" After getting a response of a shrug and 'probably cloudy', you grinned, placing two options back into your slim closet, you had finally chosen. A lightly coloured baby tee and flares, a black Vivienne Westwood bag and puffer jacket to go with it. You glance at the clothes again, before rushing to the nearest bathroom to get changed. Akaashi yelled out a 'hurry up' as you did.

A couple minutes later, you came back out, slinging the shoulder bag over your upper arm, Akaashi was standing by the front door with a neutral expression, probably tired of waiting. Before leaving, you quickly sprayed yourself in some peachy Victoria secret perfume and grabbed your phone before approaching him again, smiling.

"Lets go."

He nodded in response, already walking down the stairs as you lock up your apartment. As you two walk down the stairs, chatting about whatever comes to mind, Akaashis phone starts to ring. He glanced at you before answering it with a tired 'yeah?.. what, I'm already on my way'. Not wanting to eavesdrop, you looked away. 

About a second later, Akaashi hangs up with a small groan of annoyance, his steps getting quicker. 

"What happened?.." You hesitantly ask, curiosity getting the better of you.

"Nothing important; Bokuto's car has a dent and he's making a big deal about it." Akaashi replied as if it was the most annoying thing. Akaashi had talked a lot about Bokuto being a pain, but they seemed quite close. You had never met Bokuto before, but he sounds funny, from Akaashi and his 'stories'. "He wants me there at least half an hour earlier then the match." He glanced at his Rolex before unlocking his car, a black wrapped BWM i8.

"And what's the time now?"

"Nearly half past eight." 

You nodded, the race was starting at five past nine, and the after party would be about four hours long. According to Akaashi, the races normally happen late, about one in the morning, but since this race was so sudden they needed it to be earlier to get more people to watch.

Hopping into Akaashis passenger seat, you smiled. The i8 smelt fresh and clean, anything that you would expect from Akaashi. You turned to Akaashi, who was putting on his seatbelt, you softly laughed at this, making him look up in confusion.

"What?.." 

You don't reply, just slightly shaking your head. "Nothing.." you found it ironic that he was a mechanic for illegal races but still cared about safety. Akaashi started driving, giving you sometime to think, it was obvious Akaashi had something on his mind, because he was quieter and dryer in his responses then usual.