Centuries

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Love is fine as wine..."

That's what I was told, but then I never knew what it meant. I think now I know. Wine is a drink that can leave people feeling dizzy and lost. When you fall in love you can feel the same thing. *Soft Chuckle* Ah, but for fine wine. That's something that takes longer to make and much harder to find. True love takes time...

*Many Centuries Ago*

Long ago there were three vital trees that kept the balance of the universe: Life, Magic, and Feelings, all protected by extremely powerful guardians (Quetzalcoatl, Lanny, and Nim). Each tree would be hidden in a world where nobody would know the location, though some people have found them, with both good and bad intentions. One location is Dreamtale, a world completely unrelated to any place from the original Undertale AU. The whereabouts of which the Tree Of Feelings resides.

There a human sought out the Tree Of Feelings bearing a weapon, a dagger, so powerful that it could wound a guardian in an attempt to obtain one of the golden apples that the Tree Of Feelings possessed. Nim the guardian of the tree was able to put a stop to the human, but not before they got a vital hit on the guardian. Wounded Nim crawled to the tree and rested against it. In her final moments, she created two flames one of purple and one of gold. Nim was able to form two beings, but because of her little strength left she was not able to finish the body's resulting in two (Sans like) skeletons. Nim smiled at her two newborn "sons". Magic flew freely around them embracing the new births. As she looked down at the two in her arms she winced in pain. Letting out a soft final breath she closed her eyes and let eternal sleep take her away. A green glow emitted from her body as it dusted away into green specks of magic. It flurried around the two skeletons like leaves in the wind and up into the sky.

.

.

.

A pair of purple eyelights opened.

~6 Years Later~

"Brother, I'm heading to town again. Are you joining me this time?"

"..."

"Oh ok. See you later brother!"

The apple incident happened during the sixth year of the two guardian's lives. These guardians, both brothers, were named Nightmare and Dream. Protector of Negativity and Positivity. Nim had created the two of them so that they would always have each other, but things changed. Nightmare the guardian of Negativity was harshly miss treated by the town who lived just below the hill where the tree grew. Dream happened to be oblivious to the fact that Nightmare was being abused and mistreated. He was trying to be there for all the townspeople, but forgot to be there for his own brother. One fateful day the townspeople took it too far. Nightmare had found himself surrounded by a large group of monsters and humans alike.

"DREAM!"

He called out. But no one came.

Someone had kicked him over to his side. A bloody scream was heard as a pitchfork drove itself into Nightmare's left eye. Pisces of white skull fell to the ground. Nightmare lifted his head as ugly sobs came from his throat. Dream must have heard Nightmare's scream because there was a commotion in the back of the group. So Nightmare took his chance and fled to the Tree Of Feelings. Teleporting himself into the thick of the branches. He could hear the townspeople making their way to the tree. To kill him. In Nightmare's last moments he looked around for a chance... anything he would do anything to get out of this situation.