Wait

Max's pov

The piercing ring of my alarm disrupts the serenity of the morning, and I groggily fumble to silence the intrusive noise. Glancing at Charles still lost in peaceful slumber, I tread lightly, trying not to disturb the tranquility that surrounds us. The morning light filters through the curtains, casting a gentle glow over the room.

With careful movements, I gather my belongings, preparing for the day ahead. The soft rustling of clothes and the distant hum of the waking city create a quiet symphony as I navigate the room. Casting one last glance at Charles, I head to the hotel restaurant.

The dining area boasts an inviting array of breakfast options, and I indulge in a variety of dishes. Tray laden with culinary delights, I make my way back to the room, careful not to spill the morning feast. The scent of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries fills the air, setting the stage for a delightful start to the day.

Balancing the tray, I approach Charles, who remains blissfully lost in dreams. Leaning in, I press a tender kiss on his forehead, hoping to coax him into wakefulness. "Hey, Charles, it's time to wake up. I brought breakfast," I murmur, my voice a gentle caress.

As Charles stirs, I can't help but smile at the disheveled charm of the morning. "Good morning. I got a bit of everything. Figured you might be hungry," I say, offering a warm grin. We settle into a leisurely breakfast, our conversation flowing between light banter and the shared anticipation of the day.

Amidst the laughter and the clinking of cutlery, a warmth blossoms within me. The routine of a shared morning, once a distant fantasy, has become a cherished reality. While the events of the day at the circuit loom ahead, in this quiet intimacy of our shared space, time seems to stand still.

_______________

The morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a soft glow on the room. As I prepared for the day, the gentle hum of the city waking up provided a soothing background. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was time for the team meeting before the free practices.

Charles, always efficient, moved with a purpose, hastily gathering his belongings. His movements were a delightful blend of urgency and grace, a sight that made my heart skip a beat. The thought of Charles joining me on my way to the paddock filled me with a sense of anticipation, a newfound excitement for the day ahead.

As Charles navigated the room, grabbing essentials and throwing on clothes, I couldn't help but find the scene endearing. "You're cute when you're in a hurry," I teased, a playful grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

He shot me a quick, amused glance amidst his flurry of activity. "Well, someone has to keep up with your pace," he retorted with a playful smirk.

The banter flowed effortlessly, punctuating the morning with shared laughter. In those lighthearted moments, I couldn't ignore the growing warmth within me. The prospect of Charles being part of my daily routine, of sharing the minutiae of our lives, was a treasure I hadn't dared to imagine.

As we left the hotel room, making our way to the paddock, a subtle shift in the air hinted at the possibilities lying ahead. The city unfolded before us, a canvas of endless opportunities, and in that moment, it felt like the world belonged to us.

_____________

Friday morning dawned with the promise of a new beginning. The familiar routine of getting ready for the day felt different, charged with an undercurrent of excitement. As I made my way to the paddock, Charles joined me, our shared laughter echoing through the corridors.