𝟐𝟑. 𝐀𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇

"I don't know, man. I ain't scared of nothing but that haircut Travis Kelce got," I shrugged.

"Damn. I thought I was the only one," Richard gasped. Daniel sat chuckling as he scrolled through his phone.

"What yo ass laughin' at?" Richard asked, peeking over Daniel's shoulder.

Daniel shook his head as he burst into a fit of laughter, falling over on his side as his phone slipped out of his hand and onto the floor.

Richard leaned over and grabbed his phone as he took a bite of his Subway sandwich, also bursting into a fit of laughter.

I just sat back, confused as hell as to why Dumb and Dumber were laughing so mothafuckin' hard.

*RING..RING*

I looked down at my phone, a smile spreading across my face as I saw Sariah's contact name appear on my phone.

"Hey, Baby, how's work?"

She groaned into the phone. "Stressful as hell, the people got me working like a slave. I'm bout ready to go off on all my co-workers,"

I chuckled as she ranted to me some more about her day. By now, the guys had crowded me, and we were all listening and laughing as we talked to Sariah.

"Hey, I'm home. I brought some papayas back,"

We all turned, hearing Aaron's voice boom from the front door. "Shh, dumbass, we're on the phone with Sariah," Richard hushed.

Aaron's eyes widened as he quickly slid across the wood floor to the couch where we were.

"Hey, Sariah." Aaron smiled. Me and the boys all rolled our eyes at Aaron.

"Hey, Aaron. How you doin', babes?"

He sighed. "Living life, and dealing with these three stooges," I popped him on the side of his head, smacking my lips.

"Oww, Asher hit me. Yo gon' beat his ass for me?"

Sariah chuckled. "Asher, keep yo hands to yo self, I done told y'all that multiple times,"

She sounds just like her mom. I miss her.

"Sorry, baby,"

She hummed before redirecting the conversation. Aaron was still just sitting here listening even though he wasn't needed here.

Let me stop being so mean.

𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐌𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐘

"Knock knock."

I peeked inside the room, seeing a little girl behind the table. She looked better than she did a couple of weeks ago.

Her hair was down, she was wearing clothes. Clean clothes. But she still looked sad.

There were still a few cuts and bruises on her skin, but they looked to be healing very well.

I would have thought after leaving that hellhole and being reunited with your family would make her and the others happy but... I guess not.

Hearing my voice, she looked up and gave me a small smile before looking back down.

"Hi, I am Agent McCoy." I smiled. Reaching into my bag, I pulled out a juice, some snacks, and a coloring book along with markers.

"I brought some things, if that's okay. I want you to be completely comfortable around me and hopefully the others,"

She looked up again, but avoided eye contact with me. "Th-Thank you, Miss,"

I smiled, pulling her file and my notebook out. "Before we get started, I wanna get to know you, is that okay?" I asked. She gave me a small nod as she opened her juice.

"Okay, wanna tell me your name?" I asked. "Alena Daniels," she whispered. My heart warmed at how adorable she sounded.

"Nice to meet you, Alena. My name is Sariah but if you want, you can call me Riah,"

She smiled. "Hi, Riah,"