IV

Ada

"A- Ada?" His voice was just barely a whisper, I almost couldn't hear it, but the clanking of the handcuffs on the metal bed caught our attention.

"Scott!" I quickly got up and went to his side. "Are you okay?"

He groaned as he shifted in the bed, likely because of his wound. "I should be asking you that. Where are we?" He asked me.

He tried to move his hand but once again the handcuffs clanked against the metal. "What the hell?"

"No, no, I'm definitely the one who needs to ask that." I knelt beside him. "Some people found us in the woods, good people." I clarified. "They brought us to safety." I looked at Carl who was now standing behind me. "Could you go get your dad and the doctor?" I asked eagerly.

Carl nodded and quickly left the cell.

"His dad is their leader, he's one of the men who found us in the woods," I told him. "We haven't been here long, but I think they're pretty good people."

"Okay, well, that doesn't tell me why I'm handcuffed." He groaned again at the pain from his stab wound.

"Precaution." A voice answered from behind me.

I looked back, it was Rick's. He and Hershel stood in the doorway.

"We didn't want to take any chances." Rick stepped into the cell and moved past me to unlock the handcuffs.

With the handcuffs unlocked, Scott used both hands to sit up on the bed. Hershel was beginning to protest, but he had already done it, his face twisting in pain as he did.

"Damn it. What the hell happened out there, A?" He asked me.

"Oh, you uh, you kind of fell on your knife when you passed out." I looked at him, holding back a smile. He looked confused.

"You passed out from dehydration." Hershel clarified.

"No, yeah, that's kinda what I assumed, I just.." He narrowed his eyes at me, likely because I was now smiling like a maniac. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I held back a laugh. I needed to be serious. But knowing that he's gonna be okay, makes it okay to laugh..right? How serious can one be in this situation?

"Because you're kind of an idiot." I was still smiling. Who needs to be serious anyway? "I mean, I get that you were dehydrated and stuff, but falling on your knife?" I laughed. "That's just embarrassing." I covered my mouth to stop a soon-to-come fit of laughter.

Rick also seemed to be amused by this since I heard a small laugh from him.

"You- Yo- Tell me, what would've happened to you in that situation?" Scott was clearly not amused.

"Not that." I muffled my laughter.

I just love making fun of him.

"Sure. Sure you wouldn't have." Scott shook his head and scoffed a bit. He looked up at Rick, ignoring me. "Can I be filled in by someone other than her, please?"

"Well, I'd say you're mostly caught up." Rick was grinning at this point. "She filled you in pretty well if you ask me."

Scott sighed. "I guess it is kind of embarrassing."