The start of something new

I hope you enjoy the story! 

3rd person POV

Nico walked around the grounds of Camp Half-Blood cause he had nothing better to do, no he wasn't spying until he hear cries from Cabin 9, the Hephaestus Cabin, he wasn't an eavesdropper but this person, this person sounded almost like him went he did sleep. He slowly walked to the window of the noise and saw Leo Valdez lying on a desk sleeping as he cried in his sleep. Now, normally Nico wouldn't care but Leo looked desperate and if Nico was being honest, Leo looked sad which didn't fit right.

'Why is he crying? He's one of the happiest and annoying people I know. He shouldn't have that much drama. Or do we just not pay attention?' Nico thought before shadow traveling inside. Leo was whimpering in his sleep as he slept. Leo's dream was of the night his mom died, his aunt blaming him and putting him into Foster Care. Leo felt an arm touching him in his sleep and jumped up.

Nico pulled back to not get hit, he slowly approached Leo and put an arm on Leo's shoulder gently. Leo looked and saw who it was, Leo wasn't stupid he knew Nico wasn't a physical or social person but Leo knew deep down in his cold, heartless exterior that there's an actual human being inside, (If you get the reference please let me know so I'm not the only one.)

"Sorry if you heard me." Leo said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't worry. I was already awake. What happened? You're usually a happy yet annoying person. I don't think I've ever seen you like that. Cross that out. I've never seen you like that. " Nico said Leo sat onto his bed.

"Humor was a great way to hide the pain." Leo said not looking at Nico.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Nico asked.

"Like anyone would listen. No one does. Jason and Piper are always too busy doing something with each other, Percy and Annie can't stay away from each other, Reyna hardly even talks to me, you act like I don't exist, Hazel stays away from me because I look like my grandfather, and Frank doesn't even like me. So there." Leo said his rant. He had to get it out. He wouldn't be able to any other time. Nico bites his lip.

"I guess we all thought you had it lucky." Nico said Leo pulled his legs up to his chest and hugged them tightly. The image of Leo as a child in the fire crying into his legs passed his mind.

"I don't. I never had and never will." He said.

"W...what happened in your dream?" Nico asked as he sat by Leo.

"I don't like to talk about it." Leo said.

"You should get it out. It's good to talk about things, not bottle them up." Nico said.

"You do the same thing, di Angelo." Leo said.

"Just tell me and I'll get out of your hair." Nico said Leo looked away before sighing.

"When I was little...a fire happened." Leo started Nico stared at him as Leo didn't make eye contact.

"What happened?" Nico asked.

"The worst day of my life. My mom died, I was 8, I still remember being carried out of the workshop by the firefighter. We were working late when a lady walked in, it was Gaia but I had no clue....she made me so mad a-and....and I couldn't control it." Leo said, crying into his hands. Nico's jaw was clenched.

"I'm sorry, Leo. I had no idea." Nico said, putting a hand on Leo's shoulder.

"It was my fault. And then my aunt...she knew of my fire powers because she saw me use them once. She thought I was a 'demonio' which mean devil in Spanish. I didn't have anyone else to go to so they put me with her. She didn't treat me right, soon she put me in Foster Care." Leo said.

"I've heard how bad it is....is it actually that bad?" Nico said.

"It's worse." Leo said then wiped his face.

"I have something I need to make. Now if you'll leave. Please." Leo said Nico was hesitant but nodded.

"Okay." Nico said and headed out the door.

"Nico?" Leo said.

"Yeah?" Nico asked.

"If you need someone to talk to as well, I'm always open. No matter how busy I am." Leo said, making a smile crawl onto his face as he spread his arms wide. Nico felt amused, gave a light chuckle then smiled softly.

"I'll think about that offer though. Same as you too." Nico said.

"Thanks...for listening to my life story." Leo said.

"No problem. Anytime." Nico said walking out. The realization hit Leo and he danced around.

"I made Nico Di Angelo chuckle and smile at the same time!" Leo cheered Nico heard Leo shaking his head smiling.

"Maybe I'll take his offer up." Nico muttered before walking to his cabin. Once walking into his cabin and entering he sat on his bed and thought of one thing. Leo Valdez. All this time he's known the boy he knew actually got to know him, yes he did talk once in a while with Leo, but he never actually had a full on conversation with Leo.

'I think I'll take his offer up.' Nico thought. It's not like Leo will hurt him or anything at least he doesn't think Leo would. Leo wouldn't tho. Leo's too kind to do anything like that unless you made the fire boy mad. That would be another story. The Latino is different than Nico thought he was. Nico always thought Leo was an annoying, pain in the ass when Leo wanted to. That's not a bad thing though. It's what makes Nico interested in Leo. No matter what situation you can be in Leo will always make a sassy comment or keep you happy.W

Words: 997

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I got the name from a song and the name will be understood later on. Please comment on how I did or any ideas you may have.

~Greasers1