called out

The next day I got woken up by banging and moaning from the room next to mine "Bloody hell" I whispered to myself laying my head back on the headboard before grabbing some clothes and laying them out on the bed getting ready to get in the shower.

"Quinn do you mind if I borrow some of your body wash there's none left in here!" I shouted as the moaning stopped for a minute "Yeah take whatever you need" she said before the moaning continued.

Time skip

I start walking to college when I bump into Ethan "Hey hot stuff" I say as he starts walking beside me "Hey princess" he says grabbing my hand and dragging me somewhere private "So y/n I'm gonna make this quick I think you're absolutely beautiful and I was wondering do you maybe want to come around mine tonight to watch some movies"

"Yeah sure as long as I can pick a few," I say grabbing his hand "Of course Princess", we make our way to the courtyard where the rest of the group is.

"Okay, nerds. As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time" Mindy says as me and Ethan sit next to Tara

"The way I see it, someone's out to make a sequel to the requel."

"What's a requel?" Anika asks raising her hand

"You're beautiful sweetie but let's hold questions till the end" she said pointing at her

Tara looks at Mindy confused before saying "Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro, but Stab 2 took place in college..."

So you think the killer's copying
the second movie? Sam asks looking between Mindy and Tara

"That's one possibility. Heroes now in college? Check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and/or body count?" Mindy says pointing at Anika Ethan and Quinn "Check, check, and check."

"I don't like this," Ethan muttered causing me to giggle

"But it can't only be about Stab 2," Mindy says placing her hands on her knees

"Why not?"

"It would make sense if this were just a sequel. But we're not in a sequel, because nobody just makes sequels anymore... We're in a franchise. And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise." Mindy says starting to pace.

"I had a feeling," Sam says looking at Tara

"Rule One, everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count; longer chases, shoot-outs, beheadings you gotta top what came before to keep people coming back."

"Beheadings?" Chad asked in disbelief

"Beheadings!"

"And Rule Two, whatever happened before, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by subverting expectations; if the killers last

time was whiny snowflake film
nerds with Letterboxd accounts
instead of personalities, you can
bet the opposite will be true here." She says before Ethan starts shuffling nervously so I grab his hand giving it a little squeeze he squeezes back and smiles at me