XLIV

~~~

"When did you last see her?" The cop asks. This is actually the fourth one asking Jennie the same shitty questions since she and Chaeyoung came running to the nearest police station. They have been here whole night, and now, in the morning, another cop is in the room, asking the same questions.

She sighs, rubbing her forehead as she answers, repeating her words for her again.

"I already told your colleagues! Three nights ago, she stayed over at my place. In the morning, I drove her to her workplace, and we haven't seen each other yet!"

"But you talked?"

"Of course, we talked! She's my g-... we're dating!" She shakes her head. Jennie's tired. And these stupid cops are fucking with her head instead of going outside looking for her Lisa.

"You hesitated." The policewoman states, eyeing her close. Jennie wants to scream, now she thinks such a genius bitch she is!

"We are not official yet." Jennie answers, she hates to spill her private life out to others, but she would, a thousand times, if it means they can bring Lisa back to her.

The woman looks through the papers before her and asks another question.

"You said you talked. When?"

"She called once that same morning after I dropped her at work. And we had a few texts. She... e-even messaged last morning!"

"When was it?"

Jennie shakes her head.

"I don't... don't remember the exact time, I was just awake. But you have my phone." Then she leans forward on the table. "Please! I'd answer as many questions as you want, but please find her!"

Her eyes get filled with tears immediately, the mere thought of Lisa getting hurt breaking her soul into pieces.

"I c-can't... can't lose her!"

The cop sighs, probably tired that there's nothing useful out of Jennie but her pure frustration.

"Ms. Manoban is a grown woman, she's 23, right? She could be going anywhere without letting anyone know."

Jennie shakes her head, already feeling the frustration of talking to this stupid police officer taking over her.

"Lisa won't do that! She was happy yesterday when we talked on the phone. She said she's got a new dance offer. She won't do that!"

The officer clears her throat.

"It is possible, Ms. Kim." She tells the CEO.

Why is it wrong to kill people again? I'm sure a lowlife like this woman deserves to die!

"We have to consider everything. My team is now searching her apartment and her company to find answers." The cop continues, not hearing any of the thoughts Jennie has in her head.

"You fucking don't!" Jennie screams, hitting the table with her hands aggressively. "Are you stupid because you're a cop or they accepted you because you're a fucking shit-brained bitch?! Which part of Lisa is in danger is hard for you to fucking understand?!!!"

"Ms. Kim, calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down?"

The cop sighs. Obviously, it's not going to be easy talking to Jennie.

"We have to check the possibilities of Ms. Manoban running away, or... you hurting her." The police officer tells her. The simple statement makes her heart go slow.