Ch 31. Immovable Object, Unstoppable Force

Roe used his Final Lifeline ability to defeat the Spartoi, but this left him incapacitated as well. 

Only Mahl and the Warden remain conscious now, enthralled in battle.

The corridor was now in rubble from the fighting. Though he had material to manipulate, Mahl cautioned pushing further with power thinking the corridor may cave in their battle. The prisoners still lay dazed. Mahl is crouched, slightly winded, facing his green-gilded enemy and plotting the next move. The warden standing tall, looks down on the young man with a grimace. He had tucked away his shield and replaced it with an emerald morning star in each hand.

Mahl: Even though he's carrying an armory on his back, he's still quick somehow. And where is pulling all these weapons from?

Warden: BEHOLD! Gasp at the marvel of the Glory Green! The last bastion of hope you will see before I lock you away in eternal darkness!!

Mahl: Glory...Green? Tch, that's the best you could come up with.

Warden: YOU MOCK MY GREATNESS! Every piece of my dragon-scaled armor was imbued by the War god himself! You will soon understand your error.

Mahl: So it is a sacred treasure. War God huh? Guess the familiarity to Mihr makes sense.

Warden: In one swoop you've managed to destroy my wall, release the Mortag's deadliest inmates, and have somehow defeated the great Spartoi. I will not take you lightly. You could be the deadliest of them all.

He began swinging his morningstars and continued his charge.

Mahl: So the others must have made some headway, time to do my part.

Placing both palms to the ground, Mahl released his essence into the rubble. The ground warped and waved until the rubble separated into black sand. Though the sand slowed his charge, The Glory Green continued at his prey. Two black hands of sand rose from the ground grabbing at the warden. Using his morningstars, he swung and disintegrated them, kicking up sand as he charged forward.

Warden: You had a better chance to stop me with rocks boy!

Mahl: I wasn't trying to stop you...

Grains of black sand began to cover Mahl's body. It packed itself around his vital organs and limbs, fitting to him and forming a protective coat. In a matter of seconds, he was covered in a suit of sand armor from head to toe.

MINERAL MANIPULATION: SANDMAN!

As the Warden reached Mahl, he violently swung his emerald weapons at his target. But Mahl deflected both strikes with his black sand-covered forearms. The grains of black minerals were compacted around his body so densely, that a pinging could be heard as he deflected the warden's strikes. Punching both fists forward black sand shot out from them pummeling the Warden and pushing him aft once more.

The warden brandished his shield, shoving it into the sand to gain stability and block his enemy's onslaught. He braced himself behind it as the sand demon was now charging toward him. Mahl compacted more black sand around his left fist until it took the shape of a dense cannonball. With the full force of his might, he slung it at the warden's emerald shield. The cannonball grew in size as it whirled down the corridor, using its gravitational pull to gain more grains as it reached its target. The corridor boomed as the Sand Beast's Cannonball met its target. The Emerald Shield shattered into pieces while a tsunami of sand washed down the corridor. The Guilded Glory Green lay on its back, astonished at the strength of the young man.

Warden: I was told this day may come and I laughed. For I to be in such a predicament, put here by a child no less. I guess it is time for the final act...