"Why Don't You Stay?" (Epilogue)

Two years had passed since that day when ShraMan had confessed their love at Sumo's childhood house.

A lot had changed, and yet much stayed the same. It was weird yet endearing at the same time. Two years ago, two people who didn't even look in the eye with all the misunderstandings they had between them, had faced their fears head on and ended up finding the opening for a beautiful journey called LOVE.

From there, the journey hadn't been easy, what with Shravan discovering his estranged mother accidently some days later at Tiwari Killa. But before things could go out of hand, which was entirely possible with Kamini being present over there, Nanu handled the issue with much more grace as an elder. He did the most mature thing; locking both Ramnath and Nirmala in a room for an entire day, with all their necessities being delivered directly into the room. But they were both not allowed to come out before the 24 hours were up.

That didn't do much. It's not like more than a decade of animosity and resentment could be solved in just 24 hours. But the best they got out of this deal was the tentative truce they both had seemed to form. Plus, there are additional signs of slightly rumpled clothes. It seemed like even though estranged, there was no less passion between them than any other couple. May be that's why they were both yet to serve their divorce papers in the court. 😉

Apparently, Ram and Nirmala had always been a passionate couple. And though they had been separated for so long, being in the same room and bickering too much didn't stop them from ravishing each other.

Sumo and Pushkar shared sly glances while Shravan was completely oblivious to the exchange as his brain was still in an overdrive. Whilst his parents were locked, Nanu gave him bits and pieces of information, not wanting to share the entire story as it was his parents' to tell. But it at least gave him something to think over. A decade of resentment and pain was there to be worked over, after all.

So by the time they had come out and tried to speak with him, he had decided on one thing, 'Look, I am willing to try and listen to you. In fact, even try to understand you both. But I need some space. Some time away from all this. So, I am moving out.'

Ramnath had panicked immediately and started arguing when Shravan stopped him, 'Papa, mai janta hun ki aap worried hain. But it's not easy for me to think ki yeh situation...between you and Mrs.... I mean... Mother, it was more than just black and white. That it was more gray than any of that. I need to gather my thoughts before listening to both your sides.'
Both his parents looked like they wanted to argue, but they also realized that between both of their separation, the main victim was their son. He needed time, and it was his right to have it. They weren't both in any position to demand anything from him.

Their son was already being bigger one in this fractured familial relationship. He was already trying to give them a chance out of the goodness of his heart. They didn't want to disappoint him again, so they agreed. But they were also worried.

That when Sumo interrupted the conversation, 'If you all don't mind, I wanted to tell everyone that even I am moving out.' Now, this dropped as a bomb on the Tiwaris. Nanu had no idea from where this came up all of a sudden and what to say. He was just as stumped as the others.

Mamiji frowned, 'Arre par, ghar chhodkar jaayegi toh rahegi kahan? Jab apna ghar hai, toh rent lekar kyun rehna hai? Itne paise kyun kharch karne hain. Tere apne paise hain mujhe Pata hai. Lekin Teri shaadi me kaam aa jate. Abhi se kyun waste kar rhi hai? Yeh aaj Kal ke bacchon ka Pata hi nhi kya chalta rehta hai dimag me.'

Sumo took a deep breath and looked at Shravan who gave her a small encouraging smile before replying, 'Mamiji, Nanu, Mamaji, Mausa, Mausi Mai 6 saal ki thi, jab aap log mujhe yahaan lekar aaye the, maa- papa ke guzar jaane ke baad. Agar aap log nhi hote, toh mujhe nahi pata Mera kya hota. You all have given me so much. So much so that I can't ever repay you. I got a place to live, a family that I loved and made lots of beautiful memories.