ice cream and tickle fights.

a/n: this chapter is kinda icky so i just consoled myself by telling myself that it's my first time writing.

‘Shubman Gill!’

The soft reprimand rang out through the empty house, finding a place within the lovesick air and bird chirrupings that had settled over the atmosphere.

‘Bolo, meri jaan?’ The man in question uttered sheepishly, shooting a charming smile to his partner. Behind him, soft giggles stumbled from a young girl, who was oh, so giddy to watch her favourite chachu get in trouble.

You see, it just so happened that Shubman Gill and Ishan Gill were allotted the task of babysitting Vamika, whose parents were enjoying a romantic getaway in the streets of Bangalore. And it just so happened that Shubman Gill and Vamika Kohli are the most mischievous chachu — bhatiji duo.

Unfortunately, it meant that Ishan had to deal with not one but two babies who were dead set on wrecking havoc.

‘Don’t meri jaan me!’ The young man scolded, though nobody missed the faint tint of blush that adorned his cheeks. ‘Did you two devils eat ice cream for breakfast? And that too, without me?’

Little Vamika emerged from her hiding position behind her Chachu’s legs, now fake glaring at said Chachu with her hands on her waist. ‘Y-Yeah! Did you eat ice cream without us, chachu?’

Shubman Gill gasped softly, clutching his chest at the completely outrageous betrayal. ‘Oye! You wanted to eat ice cream, Vami!’

Ishan shifted his gaze to the little girl standing in their kitchen, who was quick to bring out her master weapon — puppy eyes. Now, this was something that Ishan was completely defenseless against and trust him, he knew the power of puppy eyes. After all, he was the one who was used to using his own puppy eyes against Shubman to get whatever he wanted.

‘Chachu’s lying, Ish Chachu! Don't you believe me?’ Vamika clutched her hands in the pockets of her little dungaree, looking up at Ishan.

Before the latter could reply though, his husband jumped in to his defence. ‘Abey, teri toh! Apne partner in crime koh koi dokha deta hai?’ Shubman clutched the girl in his arms, only fueled by her soft giggles as he set her on his shoulders.

‘C-Chachu!’ Vamika laughed out in giggles, not even an ounce of fear visible on her face as she giddily looked down at the floor. ‘Ish Chachu! Look! I’m bigger than you!’

‘Shub!’ Ishan was about to have a heart attack right there and then on the hardwood floor. His little Vami was six feet high from the ground, for god's sake! And he was the only one who looked even remotely concerned! ‘Shubi, Vami gir jaayegi! Tum dono bhi na,’

‘Chachu, no! Shub Chachu is strong!!’ Vami was quick to jump to her uncle's defence, the duo completely oblivious to Ishan's concerns.

‘Yeah, love! Million dollar arm, remember?’ His childish husband shot him a cheeky grin, his eyes sparkling with affection and playfulness. ‘After all, who knows better than you?’

Ishan was going to have a heart attack today, he was sure. Either from Shubman & Vami’s antics or from the small quips Shubman kept making.

‘Shub, Vami ke saamne nahi, besharam!’

Six year old Vamika tilted her head at the new word, her chachu was besharam? That didn't sound like a good thing but if Ish Chachu says so, then it must be true. After all, her dad always talks about how Ish Chachu knows Shub Chachu better than anyone else!

Still, Vami voiced her concerns, ‘Chachu is b-besharam?

‘No, baby—’

‘Yes, of course, Vami!’ Ishan interrupted, giddy to finally have the upper hand. The two rascals had been teasing him all weekend, it was time for him to get revenge. And when it came to Shubman, what better revenge was there than Vami? And him, of course.

‘B-Besharam Chachu!’ The words rang out through the empty house, eliciting a fond glare from Shubman and a honeyed giggle from Ishan.

‘Oye, dokhe baaz!’ Shubman exclaimed, making a hurt expression as he brought Vami down from his shoulders to hold her more comfortably.

Ishan stifled his laugh while Vamika took the hurt expression as a real one. Grasping Shubman’s face in both her hands, she placed a kiss on his cheek.

‘Is it better now, chachu? Mama always gives me a kiss when I’m hurt!’

Unable to hold in his awes anymore, Ishan moved towards the duo, taking the girl in his hands, he softly nuzzled his cheeks.

Before he could speak though, Shubman started replying with fondness ever so present in his voice. ‘Thank you, bacha. It's better but Ish, don't you think that you should kiss me too? For the injury, you know!’

Vamika looked completely serious as she nodded along with him, convinced that the young cricketer was actually hurt.

However, Ishan merely smirked at him, laying a few kisses on Vamika’s head instead. ‘Meri Jaan, humare kisses eise hi nhi milte, wo kamane par the hai,’

‘Acha ji? Kya karwane ka irada hai?’

With an evil sparkle present in their eyes, Ishan beckoned Vamika forward and the two conversed in hushed giggles before they finally seemed to reach a conclusion.

‘Tickle fight!!’ Vamika declared proudly and so, it began.

Under the afternoon sun and the soft hues of yellow and pink that painted the sky, the sound of affectionate giggles and dramatic expressions filled the Gill House.

Oh, and of course, the hidden kisses exchanged between the husbands only added to their happiness.