the moon knows we're in love ..

(a/n: this is just 1.5k of shubman adoring ishan & worshipping the ground he walks on and me indulging my need for a k3g rahul & anjali romance <3. also, is it just me or are ishman really rahul & anjali coded? ALSO ALSO ALSO, ipl begins tmrw!!!! which team are you supporting? okay, i'm gonna stop yapping now, hope you like this!!)

Shubman rubbed his arms as he let the cool winter air embrace him like the moon embraced the night.

The supple, pink flesh of his lips turned up in acknowledgement and grace as he refused a lassi, instead letting his eyes roam over the scene.

The Lohri ceremony was in full swing. Strings of fairy lights were connected from one building to another, each of them intertwined under the night sky. The vibrant melody of Punjabi folk songs had enveloped them, serving as a background music to the soft chatter and laughs that echoed between the alleys. And, finally, a majestic bonfire had been set up at the cross section.

As he watched the neighbourhood kids run past him and his loved ones joking around under the soft glow of the fire, Shubman finally felt at home.

Of course, the cricket team was home too. From the easy banter to the tiring practice sessions, the team had adopted him as their own.

But, this.

This was solely his own - his home, his comfort, his solace. Punjab always felt like a warm embrace to him, one that had the power of healing all his wounds.

Perhaps that's why coming here with Ishan was so special for him.

The young couple had set foot on Punjabi soil three days prior to the festival. With Ishan worrying that Shubman's family was going to hate him and the latter trying to convince his baby that no such travesty was going to happen, their journey had gone as well as one would've imagined.

Their days together had faded away under the pursuit of gentle kisses and hushed giggles. Shubman had roamed through the khet with his love, kissed him under the excuse of removing his lassi moustache, taken him out for midnight rides and bought him pretty anklets and chains and everything his baby desired.

It'd been magical, filled Shubman with so much adoration and love that it suffocated him.

But of course, the stolen moments weren't enough for Shubman. When it came to Ishan Kishan, nothing was ever enough.

"Shub!" Ishan's excited voice rang out through Shubman's thoughts, who instantly abandoned everything to focus on his love. "Chal mere saath jaldi!"

Without giving him a chance to reply, Ishan took his hand, tugging him forward to wherever he wanted to take him.
( It's not as if Gill had any complaints, though. The batsman happily let himself be tugged by his love, fondly gazing at their intertwined hands. )

Ishan's polite "excuse me" and the soft symphony of his payal trailed after them as they made their way through the crowd. Shubman resisted the urge to kiss Ishan breathless, how could someone be so kind?

Finally, they stopped near an alley, a few metres away from the festivities going on. The tangled strings of the fairy lights cast a soft glow over Ishan, making it hard for a certain someone to take his eyes off him.

Ishan was a vision; his heart shaped lips curved into a small smile, crinkled eyes looking at the sky with barely hidden awe. In a cotton, navy kurta and flowery vest. A silver payal adorning his foot - one of the many Shubman had bought for his baby, - his black thread tightened over his wrist and pearls dangling over the soft skin of his neck.