Chapter 1

Zone: The Amsterdam Headquarters

Mission: Assassinate the mad doctor

The roadmap showed an ancient Empire. Jagged bronze roads, creaking wheels, and old sites of the Minoan Civilization. Then the computer screen shifted to the dystopian headquarters, stopping in front of the chamber door of—Dr. EREKY GREYSON

Angelina keenly stared at the screen as her brother violently tapped on the keyboard playing this new game on the computer.

"Did he die?" She asked excitedly.

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Apparently he's a reptile and now fully turned into a serpent after getting shot," Timothy explained, eyes still fixed on the screen.

Angelina chuckled. The organization of ELITE was run by a group of secret people. People assumed they were either reptiles or aliens disguised as humans. People even made games on it and wrote fiction, articles, and conspiracy theories. It's said, they have built an entire city underground and that's why they were always linked with the labyrinth of ancient Minoan Civilization.

No one still knew their true motive.

But years back it was worse. 7 years ago, the internet came into the public domain and there was this low-quality video of a man that's still one of the biggest mysteries of the world. He dropped a challenge to the public to crack the actual message in the video and then disappeared.

Angelina was only was teen then and she remembered, that it had become a phenomenon in Europe back then—everyone was trying to decode the messages. And whoever went a little ahead, received new information, different than others. The walls were filled with posters and newly found information and they exchanged it with theirs.

Then one day, everything stopped.

Although it was hard to tell if it was them or not, now that the organization recruited publically. It was a dream job for Alot, as once after getting g this job there would be lifelong insurance, housing, and nursing contract with a big fat payment. The candidates had to take a full 8 hours of a test and whoever cracked it automatically be seen as a genius in the outer world.

"Alright but you if you keep playing this game, instead of preparing, your dream of joining ELITE—tsk!" She mocked.

"0h, please! I'm studying chemistry not like you—sewing and drawing clothes, ha!"

"That's called fashion designing, you idiot? Have you ever seen the real fashion world? You'll blow up your mind."

"0h yeah! yeah! Shut up." He let out and slapped his leg, "Dang, I lost it for you."

"Let it be, ELITE is not for you." Angelina struck out her tongue and before he could get up, she ran away laughing.

~

It was the Saturday night again. Their friends gathered together in the cottage near the dock and like always made the prank calls.

Tonight, it was Angelina's turn.

They giggled, randomly typing a number and handing it to her.

One, two, three—it was the third ring. Someone picked it up.

"Hello!"

"Babe?"

The other became stringent. Even the sound of breathing stopped. Angelina pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh.

"What happened, babe? Are you angry with me?" She asked again.

She expected a surprised voice or a bunch of angry curses. But, the reply reaped away her breath— "Not if you're on your knees for me, baby."

Her smile faltered a bit, "Me on knees? For a man? That's not in my dictionary."

"I can put them in your mouth." His voice was low and husky.

Angelina breathed unhurriedly, "Try me."

"Of course, but when it'll be only you and me, darling." He said with a tint of sarcasm. "When your friends aren't looking."

Her smile immediately dropped. "W-What."

But the line went dead on the other side.