Basic info

𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙄𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝘼𝙐 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩:

• Tristan would be Patient Zero

• Kai would be the supportive friend

• Mickey would be the resource supplier

• Roy would be the protector/fighter

• 𝚂𝙾𝚄𝚁𝙲𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽:
Still unknown

• 𝙲𝙰𝚄𝚂𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽:
Bites from an infected individual

The patients are capable of communicating with others in the earlier stages, but it gradually gets more difficult and eventually fades out almost completely in the later stages due to the infection affecting their brains.

𝚂𝚈𝙼𝙿𝚃𝙾𝙼𝚂:

𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙴:

Sharp pain and aching in the body part the bite was inflicted on, aswell as dark discoloration in the veins (most likely in limbs, such as arms/legs.) Discoloration might progress further from the bite mark; at this stage, the infection is still curable and treatable.

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙴:

Discoloration progresses further and grows darker, and the infected limb might lose shape and go numb. Headaches and sharp pain across the body, along with general irritatibility caused by the pain. Curing the infection at this stage is possible if treated immediately, but more difficult. Misshapen arms or legs might heal, but very rarely.

𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝙳 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙴:

Discoloration grows further and now covers most of the body and face. Headaches and changes in eyecolor and behaviour; patients might exhibit irritation and paranoia towards others, and they might act aggressively, so caution is needed when treating them. Curing the infection is now more difficult and healing is highly unlikely.

𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙷 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙴:

Patients have started to lose themselves at this stage, behaving paranoid and extremely aggressive towards anyone and anything around them (aswell as possible delusions/hallucinations.) Scratches on infected limbs as patients attempt to remove the infected bites themselves. Nausea and indigestion aswell as weight loss from refusing to eat. Patients could spread the infection to others by attempting to bite them, so proper isolation and protective measures are put in place. Curing the infection at this stage is unsuccessful and any kinds of healing are extremely unlikely.

𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙷 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙴:

If patients manage to progress to this stage, they're best to be left alone. They have lost themselves completely and will attempt to escape whatever holding place they're in. Will attack anyone coming to their path and won't spare any survivors. Death is soon to follow at this stage. The patients can no longer digest food properly, nor can they regonize any familiar faces or voices, and won't respond to anyone calling their name. Their limbs are misshapen and withered, and sometimes there's black liquid coming from their mouths.

_________________________

𝙲𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃:

Curing the infection in the early stages is possible if acted quickly with proper medicine/medicated wraps or bandages to heal infected limbs and ease any minor injuries, but the more the infection progresses the harder it gets to cure the patients, and eventually -as the illness reaches the final stages- any attempt of curing or healing falls through and becomes near impossible.

In some cases -though often rare and not performed as often- the infected limbs could even be amputated, removed from the body in an attempt to prevent the infection from spreading to the rest of the body, though it's unclear whether the illness spreads through blood or merely through skin. In these cases, extra care is needed in treating and reassessing the loss of important limbs.

Highly contagious in later stages, as the illness spreads mostly through bites or scratches.