Chapter 1

After three months in the new city, Wade and Ember are finally adjusting to their new life. Ember starts her new career and loves every minute of it.

Wade found a position as an inspector and is doing pretty well.

Their neighbors are getting used to seeing two different elements dating. Some are still very judgmental, but that doesn't bother Ember and Wade.

Life couldn't be more perfect for them. Successful careers, a home together, and a new city to explore. What else could they possibly ask for?

...

One day,

Wade was excited to show his surprise to Ember. He keeps looking at the clock and waits patiently (or at least tries to) for Ember to return from work.

Soon, it was time. Ember was opening the door, and Wade yelled, "Surprise!"

Ember screams and says, "Wade! You scared me!"

Wade said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I was hoping you would like the surprise I made for you."

Ember looks around. She saw petals all over the floor, flowers and candles on the dining table, and a folded paper on Ember's plate.

Ember opened it and read it,

"Would you marry me?" Ember was shocked and speechless.

Wade held her hand and said, "Ember, I know it might be too soon for this, but after months of dating, it feels like I've already known you my whole life. You're the love of my life, the friend and partner I'd need. Maybe even the future mother of my children. You're my everything, and I'm ready for our next step. Of course, if you feel the same way ... so, Ember Lumen, will you marry me?"

Ember thinks for a minute, and Wade's smile fades. Wade said, "It's okay, Ember. I'll understand if you're not ready."

Ember then said, "Yes!" Wade looked at her and said, "What?"

Ember said, "Of course, I'll marry you!"

Wade tried to hold his tears of joy as he placed the ring on her finger, and they kissed.

Ember said, "We should tell our families the news."

Wade said, "Yeah, but how? Should we call them or tell them in person?"

Ember said, "Maybe we can invite them here, and they can help us plan the wedding."

Wade said, "True and okay, you're the boss, Mrs. Ripple."

Ember laughed and said, "I'm not Ripple yet."

Wade said, "Don't worry, I'll fix that."

He carries her to their bedroom.

Ember sat on their bed as they kissed. Wade gets handsy and tries removing Ember's dress. Ember's hands were exploring her boyfriend's body. They end up having their first time.❤️

Hours passed,

Ember and Wade were lying next to each other.

Ember said, "That was the best night of my life."

Wade said, "And that was just the first out of many nights together."

Ember blushed and said, "Yeah. I love you, Wade."

Wade said, "I love you too, Ember."

They shared another kiss and cuddled as they fell asleep.