i know i fucked up. idk how i'm gonna see tom as a friend and not the guy that i had the most glorious night of my life with. maybe i can rock both.

let's be honest though how am i ever going to get that night out of my head. i mean we did something magical. something that was unforgettable.

*present day, 4 months later*
you and tom have been contacting eachother back and forth platonically.

you send a text to tom:
hey tom. how are you? was wondering if you wanted to come over and watch a movie later??

he replied almost instantly. as if he was waiting for you. as if he wanted you. but you knew he didn't. you saw it in his eyes. the text read:
depends what we are watching 🤨🤣

y/n
that's down to you 😊

tom
fine. grease.

y/n
grease?? really??

tom
what you don't like grease?? WHO ARE YOU.

y/n
no i love grease u just didn't strike me as a cheesy romance guy but yk what. good on you. grease it is.

tom
perf. see you at 7??

y/n
cya x

the constant flirting and banter was getting to you. there was nothing you could do though you both wanted to be friends deep down. the sex was just so good how could you resist a bit more sexual tension.
the chemistry was undeniable.

TOMS POV
"mate you have to stop with this" harrison, my best friend stated.

"stop what? i'm not doing anything" i replied defensively

"you know what i'm talking about, the constant giggling texting and blushing whenever her name pops up on your phone. or anyone mentions her in a conversation."

"what?! im 23 im allowed to have friends that are girls"

"nobody was denying that. im saying, you shagged y/n once and it'll probably never happen again seen as you got friend zoned. you have to move on."

"it was more than a one night stand though haz. there was feelings." i said.

it was true. we liked each other. we were attracted to one another but it could never be. it would've been more but deep down i knew that she knew that we weren't meant to be. at this time anyways.

"i know mate. it sucks. but you just gotta let go of the sex and build up your friendship. it's all you can do."

———

YOUR POV

*door bell rings*

that must be tom, deep breaths. your friends. nothing more.

you took one large gulp and opened the door. you greeted him and welcomed him into your living room.

you had made grilled cheese on 2 plates laid out with some fresh flowers and grease on pause ready to play.

the movie went on and you couldn't deny the tension. you had gotten so close to holding hands.

the truth was. you knew you wanted more. you knew he wanted more. but the last person you were with. the guy who swiped your v-card, broke your heart, shattered into a million little pieces.

you wanted so badly for just one more night. no strings. no romance. just glorious love making. that way you wouldn't get broken again.

why's there always got to be strings? why can't it just be.

a/n: sorry ik this chapter was short but next chapter will make it worth it i hope.