3*

YOUR POV

the movie just ended and you and tom were both balling. happy tears.

you looked over at tom and made eye contact. you let your head fall back onto the sofa. he did the same.

you both sat in silence for a while. not because you wanted to. and not the nice kind of silence either, it was the kind that you could cut with a knife.

"so-"
"so-" you both said at the same time

"you g- "
"you go first" he said to you.  eager to break the silence

"you know we met 4 months ago today right??" you said. "i mean it's crazy. we message we talk we call but it's never awkward online. irl i don't really know how to talk to you, i mean since.. that night."

"i was gonna say the same thing. but now i think about it, i feel like i should apologise. it's come to my attention recently that the reason you ran out that night wasn't because you wanted to but because you thought i did. it took a lot of thinking but i see that now"

"thanks tom. that means a lot to me." you gave him a tight smile and flopped back on the sofa.

"the truth is. i wanted more. i really liked you. but i've had my heart broken once and i cant have that again. i've been taken advantage of once and i wouldn't bear that again." you confessed.

"y/n im so sorry. i know what you mean. we are friends. nothing more. i'll be here for you through it all. your my platonic soulmate."

"u sure?? platonic??"

"with a capital P." he chuckled.

you both laughed. it was nice for you, having his support.

after about 15 minutes tom went home. leaving you to go to bed.

later that night you dreamt about tom. you dreamt about the sex. in the dream, you and him did the deed and it was great, afterwards he said "later buddy" and took off. you weren't upset though. you were happy, it was just what you needed. a friend, a friend with benefits.

you woke up knowing what you needed to do.

it was 3:43 am and you had to go to tom. you hurried over to his apartment and banged on the door.

TOMS POV

it was 4:01 am when i heard banging on the door. who on earth would be here at this time.

i rolled over and groaned. the banging continued.

*bang bang bang*

i hurried out of bed to open the door. and to my surprise it was y/n.

"y/n it's 4am what are you doing here??"

just then she pushed me against the wall and kissed me. she leaned back and said.

"couldn't sleep"

she then went down to kiss my neck which was amazing. but i knew what i had to do. so i gently pushed her away.

"y/n stop!!" she stared at me confused "what happened to friends, to platonic with a capital P??" i asked.

i wanted it to continue. i wasn't denying that i just needed an explanation.

"who said we can't still be friends??" she said smirking.

"what."

"you heard me. let's be friends. friends with benefits" she exclaimed proud of her idea. "we had an amazing time when we hooked up right?? so why can't we just do that. no strings attached sex. you can't deny there's tension between you and i."