Avians!

Just to let you know, these are humanoid avians. Also, no their wings are not super delicate.

I shot off into the sky, leaving him shouting at me from the ground. My huge white wings propelled me higher. I liked that the wind rushed through my hair and the clouds swirled around me.

Below me, I saw Budgie spread his yellow wings and follow me into the air.

"Hey!" I heard him shout. "Angel! You get back here!"

"Nope!" I grinned, "You'll have to catch me first!"

I glanced back at him just in time to see the exasperation on his face.

I flapped my wings faster and he did too. But he knew that I was faster than he was. There was no way he could catch me.

I twirled in the air, then tucked my wings in and fell, laughing. I liked the ticklish feeling in my stomach when I went weightless. I twirled and spread my wings, skimming the tops of pine trees. The smell of sap was thick in the air and I reached my hand out to brush the needles. It was nice just to enjoy the forest.

"Angel! You get back here!" Oh shoot, Budgie was catching up. I risked a peek behind me. He was getting close. Still, he was no match for me.

I smirked at him and shot back up. I bet that if someone had been watching me, they would have wondered why I did so many zig-zags. The answer is simple, really. It's fun.

I looped back to civilization and was just about to land when Budgie came barreling into me.

I landed on my back and we both screeched in surprise.

His torso was draped over my stomach, and his feathers brushed my face when he moved.

"Hey!" I screeched again.

He laughed. "I caught you!"

I groaned, "Ugh! That's not fair! You ran straight into me!"

He shuffled off me, wings outstretched, casting a shadow over my eyes.

"What do you mean? It was completely fair! I caught up to you, thus, I won!"

I stood up, both shaking my head and shaking out my wings. I put my hands on my hips and glared at him.

"Oh come on Angel, you know you love me," he smiled.

I threw my hands up in the air, smiling too. "Ugh! Of course, I do!" I paused. "But I still think you lost."

He stepped toward me and took my hand, leading me back to the village. "Fine. You'll be wrong, but fine," he grinned.

"I think you're too competitive."

He gasped. "I'm competitive? What about you?"

I pretended to think, "Hmmm, nope. No competitiveness in this little birdie." I pulled my hand out of his grasp and rushed toward the little houses. "But I'll race you to my house!"